*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649001-What-if-Hell-is-real
Rated: 13+ · Other · Religious · #1649001
My entry for the What if contest!
Regardless of faith, creed, or lifestyle around the globe one thing will always ring true: Hell is real and we live in it everyday. The Jew does not really believe in it, the Christian believes it is a punishment for denying the Christ , and some believe it is but a flash of anguish gone before you know it after death. I venture to argue against that and say that this planet we live on is a sort of Hell. We live in a world betrothed to chaos, where a woman can dismember her child and claim God commanded her to do it, an entire group of people can be discriminated against simply because of their color, and the person you choose to love determines your civil rights. There are some out there who dare to dream and fight "The Good Fight" so that their children will have what they believe is a better world. However, with every victory comes yet another battle; no one is ever truly satisfied. The morals we choose to live by will cause others to suffer and it will always be so, for man is a wild animal. We believe we are separated by higher brain function but it only serves to dig our hole all the deeper into the abyss. There is a Hell because we will it to be so, we need Hell; we all have a place or concept of it in our heads but without it what would we have to save ourselves or others from?

There is a Hell, and it is man-made.
© Copyright 2010 JonQ_Public (p0eticjustice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649001-What-if-Hell-is-real