*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649060-GeoDrama
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1649060
I had to write a story for my geometry class using 50 words having to do with geometry.
         Once upon a time, there was a place called geometry world. In geometry world lived the Angle family. The youngest member of the family was the little Acute Angle. One day, she decided to go to see “The Rise of the Angry Quadrilateral” at the movies with some shapes.

         They all met at the theater. As they sat and waited for the three-dimensional movie to start, they all talked about what they had done over the past week, which had been Christmas vacation from school.

         Acute just sat there and listened to all the cool things all the other shapes had done. Ronald Rhombus had gone to see the pyramids in Egypt. Katie Kite had gone to a fair a few towns over and got to see her reflection warped in a hall of mirrors. Holly Hexagon went to jump out of a plane at an altitude of over a thousand meters. Helga Height had gone to an army base to deliver letters to soldiers. Dolly Diagonal got to got to see travel through the northern area of geometry world.

         Finally, it was Acute’s turn to tell what she did. She had no idea what to say. Her vacation was so boring compared to theirs. She wanted to tell them something other than that she went to visit her grandmother Exterior Angle and grandfather Interior Angle and cousin Angle Bisector. So, she decided to stretch the truth a bit.

         “I went to Pollywood where there are, like, an infinite amount of famous Polygons.”

         They all gasped. It was extremely costly to go to Pollywood. None of them had ever been before.

         “Did you meet anyone famous there?” Katie asked me.

         “Yeah. I met loads of people at a really cool party.” she decided there was no harm in adding a bit to her vacation.

         “Like who?” Ronald almost yelled.          

         “Cali Cube, Christina Cone, Ollie Octagon, Nancy N-gon, Diana Decagon, Cynthia Cylinder, Princeton Pentagon, the Congruent Sisters, the Trapezoid twins, and Ronald Region.”

         They just stared at her in awe. Their conversation was then finished by the starting of the movie. She didn’t pay much attention to the screen she just sat and thought of more famous people she may have met while she was there and some answers to questions they may ask.

         When the movie was over, they all decided to walk over to the ice cream shop not far from the theater. As they were walking past a large construction site that marked the midpoint of the distance between the theater and ice cream shop, Holly asked, “Did you meet anybody else?”

         “Yeah, I did. I met Parker Prism, Cedric Circle, Brooklyn Box, the Priscilla Point, Leo Line, Raymond Rectangle, Helena Heptagon, Tristan Triangle and, my favorite, Rachael Ray.”

         “Wow.” They all said in unison.

         The group then got their ice creams and started to walk in the direction of their neighborhood.

         “So do you have any proof that you met all those stars?” Ronald asked skeptically.

         Uh-oh. “What kind of proof?”

         “I don’t know. Just something to show that you are telling the truth.”

         “Why wouldn’t I be?”

         “I don’t know. I just think its weird that you just went to Pollywood for no reason and happened to meet a ton of stars. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am not going to believe Acute until I see the proof.”

         “Yeah, Acute, that is kind of weird. I’m with Ronald.” Katie said apologetically.

         “Me too.” Holly added.

         Acute didn’t know what to do. This was the one thing she had been trying to avoid. “Oh. I’ll find some way to show you.”

         “Okay. Bye Acute.” Ronald said as she turned to go down my driveway.

         Acute was quiet all evening after that. She didn’t know what to do. She had to find some way to show them she went to Pollywood or they would know she had been lying. Acute didn’t want to loose their trust and just wished she had kept her mouth shut. She didn’t even talk to her little brother Reflex Angle or two little sisters Supplementary Angle and Complementary Angle.

         Acute’s parents must have noticed her abnormal behavior because as they were eating pi for desert, her mother Right Angle asked her in a voice that was meant to sound casual, “How was your day?”

         “Not so good.” Acute admitted.

         “Well, why not?” her father Obtuse Angle asked me.

         “Its kind of a long story.”

         “We have time.”

         Part of Acute didn’t want to tell them because it didn’t want them to think poorly of her. Another part did want to tell them because it wanted to be truthful and to see if they could give her any advice on what to do.

         The part that wanted to tell ended up winning. Acute filled them in on everything she had done and the magnitude of her mistake and the size of the consequence if she was unable to find proof.

         “Well,” began her mother, “there really is no easy solution. You could find some proof and then keep the lie going. You could lie about why you couldn’t get the proof, which would also keep the lie going. You would probably get caught with either one of those. I think your best bet is to tell them the truth.” When she saw the horrified look on Acute’s face she quickly went on. “You don’t have to tell them in person. You can just send them a message.”

         Acute thought about it and decided that the last option would probably be her best bet. So, when she went to my room later on that night, she signed onto her favorite social networking site that all her friends had accounts on. She then sent each of them an apology letter explaining what she did and why.

         When she was done sending the letters, Acute went to bed. As she laid there trying to fall asleep, she reached the conclusion that she would never tell a lie like that again.



The moral of the story is:

         Don't lie!
© Copyright 2010 Brunelle (kenzieb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649060-GeoDrama