*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650337-Heart-of-the-Woman
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1650337
Thoughts on how what you think affects the quality of your life.
Deep in the heart of a woman exists an unknown and mysterious place that even skeptics give her credit for having an inner knowing so strong it is uncanny. The real special ones are usually found wandering aimlessly with a grocery cart filled with prized possessions, with no particular place to go or be. Many times found in the back of a pickup truck speeding down a desolate highway getting bathed by dog spit and dust. Sometimes they are found on the side of a road fixing a flat tire with twelve friends and fifteen kids in tow,  happily playing on the shoulder of the highway, elating in abundant wildflowers or finding shiny junk.

She usually has a wildness about her. Untamed and glassy eyes that can smell what you are thinking. She also defies fashion police by wearing braless T-shirts, to short of shorts or maybe a fur coat she already found dead at a consignment shop. Maybe she wears camoflouge pants with a red sweatshirt and relieves her feet of shoes. She usually is stared down by some snippy, judgemental socialite. She pays it no mind. Her real friends shock peoples eyes, all the time.

She uses terms like " If that's what you think will happen, it will ". Or she will twist her face up and say " Focus on the positive ". She will hear what ails you and prescribe anything from an owl feather to ylang ylang or maybe she will tell you to write it down, read it aloud and ask you to treat yourself like you are your best friend- what advice would you give them ? Hmmmmm ? She let's you figure it out for yourself and then she will change the subject. Suddenly, you may find yourself on the side of a mountain singing OHMMMMM or parasailing in South Padre Island.

You will find yourself infuriated and completely in awe with this creature. Something inside you wake's up and you know that inside her body is a free spirit that only hears cosmic singing and interplanetary harmonics. She will have the stars in her eyes, dirt on her face, and usually four dogs by her side. She will know how to speak man, pequito Spanish, use sign language when in doubt and laugh hysterically when the point is not getting across. She can fix a Chevy engine, tile a floor, paint a house in a day and get drunk with CEO's. You will want to know how she does it.

She has no idea how she does it. She just doesn't have the word can't or won't in her vocabulary. Her affirmation list is a mile long and she visits it twice or more a day. She uses her brain, her talents, her beauty as she see's fit and when someone doesn't agree with her earthly dance she invites them to try or disappears into the horizon. She has friends in the most unusual places. Friends you never heard of because some of them are imaginary, or are they ? Sometimes they show up at the most extraordinary times. Usually with a wildness in their eye's too.

Her house is usually homey and tidy, that could be a tent or a mansion , whatever struck her fancy at the given moment. Roadtrips are the norm and litterbugs throw her into an angry tizz. She spews slobber like a mad dog when someone insults her mother Earth. Ask her friends who even thought of throwing trash out the window, her look alone is punishment. She is vocal about disrespect to anyone or anything.

Deep in the heart of a woman is a passion that only one man will ever get to venture. If he is careless with that most delicate, trusting, innocent and pure place of love it is the worst betrayal of all life -  and that is to himself.
She gave him the sun, the moon, the stars . She is the sun, the moon, the stars and he is her universe.  When you see meteors splashing the sky it is a womans tears when her universe has hurt her. After she waters the Earth, she grows and flourishes. If you look in a womans eye's look closely because you will see that you are part of her universe.



© Copyright 2010 Chi' Agee (chi_agee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650337-Heart-of-the-Woman