*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651625-My-Weekend
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1651625
A beautiful epiphany about my life....
My Weekend
By: Vicky Jaramillo
February 3, 2009

I remembered priceless moments, like smelling the flowers before you can see them, remembering to breathe after a long passionate kiss, the hope in your heart after a child's unconditional smile, the warm unmistakable sensation of a mothers never-ending hugs, the sound of the music of a father's fingers stroking the old family guitar's strings, as the familiar tune of his voice takes you back to some of the best memories of your childhood, the mental picture, & the subtle stamp that your heart takes from the wisdom in your abuelita's endless stories, the relentless giggles of "Homemade Movies" that your once "very annoying" little brothers continuously made every Sunday for Family Home Evening, but that are now, responsible, handsome and believe it or not, grown men, with spouses of their own, or at least very, very close; the loud familiar laugh, that almost sounds very much like my own, this one coming a little bit softer, but definitely from the same great set of lungs that only an amazing little sister can posses, a laugh that you together and only you two share.

Blessings that I was happily reminded of this weekend.

These moments make my life complete...........blessings all too well forgotten, through the constant worldly reminders of what some people call the "REAL WORLD". A world that slowly becomes part of us, a part of me.

Life is wonderful and unexpected.....it is easy to forget the simple, childlike beauty, through the storm.....well I heard someone once say, instead of concentrating on the storm, you should learn how to dance in the rain.

Well today I CHOOSE TO DANCE!!!!!!!

© Copyright 2010 Siempre Tuya (onelove24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651625-My-Weekend