*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652048-Transforminitis
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #1652048
A man catches a very odd type of cold.
“Ugh, I Feel awful” I said when I woke up. As I walked into the bathroom to shave I sneezed while shaving. So of course I cut myself. But when I sneezed it looked like my nose turned just a little bit green. I rubbed my eyes, but it didn’t turn back to its normal character. “What the” BRRRRRRING….. BRRRRRRRING…..rang my phone.


“Hello. Oh, hey Rob. My day so far? Dude, you know I never wake up until 2:30 in the afternoon. Huh, It’s Tuesday? But I went to sleep on Saturday. Sweet, I just broke my own record! Oh, my job? Yeah I’m going. I was thinking about going to the doctor after I sneezed and my nose turned green. But I decided it was nothing serious. AH-CHOO! So as I was saying, I-….. Uh, Rob. Do you know if it’s normal for my hand to grow in size a little bit when I sneeze. Yeah I agree. I should probably go to the doctor. Yeah you can come if you want, Don’t know why you would even want to go. But if you want to you can. Okay, meet you downtown at Burt’s diner. See you later man.”

As I walked down to Burt’s I sneezed yet again and shrunk an inch. A couple of minutes later I sneezed again and grew that inch back. When I got to Burt’s diner I was feeling even worse. I sneezed and coughed more and went through some odd changes including: Size change, Body color changes, Weight gain, and more. It was “pleasant” to go through. I go some strange looks from Rob, the people at the table next to us, and our waitress.

We decided to skip dessert in favor of going to the doctor instead after going through all the changes and the strange looks. My experience in the lobby wasn’t much different from my experience in the diner. “Mr. Tekini, the doctor will see you now.” Said the nurse. As we walked down the hallway I noticed she seemed serious but so nervous. After hearing what my weight and height was I knew that this cold was going to be a big problem. “I’m in trouble aren’t I?” I asked the nurse. “Yeah pretty much” She answered.

“ Hello Mr. Takini” said my doctor. “Hello Dr. Jones” I replied “What’s my problem?”. “Well, you have what we call Transforminitis” “What?” asked Rob. “Transforminitis” replied the doctor “ It’s a rare disease that causes people to transform in certain ways. I looked at the results of your blood test and saw that your transformation that will be really really REALLY bad will happen in about an hour or two. We unfortunately don’t know what exactly the really really REALLY bad transformation be.” “So basically I am really in trouble” I said. “Close, but not exactly. We have some pills you can take while the really really REALLY bad transformation is occurring that, when taken, will cure transforminitis along with all of the transformations that have occurred. They should swallowed without anything else. This means no water while taking it, no other food’s while taking it, just the pill by itself. They’re in this small bottle.” He said handing me the bottle. “I think you should hold onto these.” I said handing the pills to Rob.

After the doctor appointment we decided to go get some ice cream. Remembering to be quick and to stay on task. We did not want to be in there when the really really REALLY bad transformation happened. But for some reason the line was really long. Over the Hour and forty five minutes it took to wait in line I went through some serious changes. When it was finally our turn I think I was Blue, Was a foot and a half shorter, and had the beginning of a third arm. After we got our ice cream we decided to sit outside.

As we ate I started to cough. At first it was just a little and we weren’t surprised when I inflated a little bit. But after about five minutes of mild coughing and a few different types of changes, mostly inflation, I started to cough a lot. I also started to inflate more and more. After about three minutes of inflating and coughing I started to rise up in the air. After I turned into half a sphere and rose about two yards up Rob finally came out of the bathroom. “Holy Crap!” yelled Rob “You are really high up” “Really?” I asked sarcastically “ I didn’t notice. Now grab the pills you moron!” “Okay, Okay. Calm down. Just let me try and throw it into your mouth” Said Rob.

Now buy this point I had become almost an entire sphere and had rose a lot more up. I could tell I was probably doomed because I know that rob has terrible aiming. So of course, when Rob tried to throw it into my mouth he missed entirely multiple times. Buy the time he got to the last five pills I was a full sphere and was rising and inflating by the minute. But by some stroke of luck he somehow got threw it into my mouth and I swallowed it. I suddenly heard a hissing noise and I started to fly around randomly like a balloon until I got stuck in a tree and deflated the rest of the way. I had finally been cured of my transforminitis! “WHOO-HOO!” I yelled “So how do I get out of this tree?” I asked Rob. I was at the top of a seventy five foot tree. So basically, I was in trouble.


The End
© Copyright 2010 thenarrarator (wertyou2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652048-Transforminitis