*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652060-A-view-of-Heaven
Rated: E · Prose · Inspirational · #1652060
Some personal thoughts of what it will be like when I reach my final home. :)
Heaven
I blink. A trumpet sounds.
I look up into the bright blue sky to see the universe open up. A light shines so bright it burns into my soul! I hear singing. A song I have never heard before. The voices that sing are beyond simple human comprehension. My ear alone cannot fully grasp the entirety of the melody.

I am so caught up in the song, before I realize it I am halfway up into the burning light. My heart quickens. I see my Savior! The world below me falls away into darkness. All I see is light.

God is standing beside a book. A large white book, its pages filled with names. He looks down briefly and smiles. “Jessica. Welcome home my child.” He wraps His arms around me and I lose myself in unfathomable love. I didn’t know my heart could belong so fully to anyone.
Behind Him I see another book. This one is tattered. The pages are ripped, the binding strains to hold its contents. An angel stands beside it.  I ask him what it is. He looks at it, then back at me. “This book holds the account of your life.” My heart stops. He opens the pages and lets me look inside. Each page is filled with my deeds on earth. Every hug, every trial, every lie, everything I ever did.

My eyes fill with tears, but the angel touches my arm. “Look again.” I look once more to the paper. Every page is covered in a handprint. The handprint is in blood. I touch the print, looking up to the angel, not understanding. “You have been covered. Christ has taken your sin.” I fall to my knees.
I feel hands, lifting me back on my feet. I turn to see Jesus. His hands, where the scars had been, were covered in the blackness of my shame, yet before my eyes, the black fades away, leaving no trace of it ever having been there.

He smiles at me. “You were worth it.” “Why?!” I ask. “How could I ever be worth your life?” “Because you’re mine and I love you.” He takes my hand and leads me past the book.

As we walk, I feel a tugging sensation. I couldn’t place where or what it was tugging, but I could feel it. I look ahead to see beautiful pearly gates. As the gates open, the tugging gets worse. The feeling now was akin to a splinter being dug from ones finger. There was something that needed to be out of me. We walk through the gates. The tugging is gone. In its place I feel a peace that I have never known. I look at Jesus, my hand still in his. “What happened?” He holds my hand still tighter. “Your old man, your sinful nature…..it’s gone. I am all that you have left.”

I look down. I am wearing a robe of spotless white. He leads me down a road paved in gold to a mansion. Every loved one I had on earth is there. There are no arguments. There is only peace and harmony. All the differences we had on earth seem miniscule as I behold the beauty that is around me. I realize that every disagreement, every ill thought that I had, they’re all erased. I have reached my happily ever after. I am home.
© Copyright 2010 Jgirl90 (jgirl90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652060-A-view-of-Heaven