*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652335-My-Own-Worst-Enemy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1652335
A story of ourselves.
      The bars hold me back as I scream out through the halls in my dungeon. Tears gather behind my eyelids as I blink and they excape down my cheeks, clattering to the floor below me.

        I am bound by chains on both my wrists and ankles. I cannot remember the last time I saw sunlight. Or felt the sand beneath my toes. I am destined to spend lifetime here, as a rotting corpse. Wasting away so even my bones will be no more.

          I hear so many sounds; people talk outside my cell early in the dawn. They laugh as they whip and beat my skeleton like body. They drool as blood rolls down my back, my wrists and ankles.

        They taunt me with such simple things; like mirrors, food and water. They open the door and walk out laughing as if they were hyenas. Haunting my soul, my heart.

      Tears fall ever growing, into a puddle onto the floor, mixing with my blood; turning a deep wine red. I scream again hoping someone, anyone hears my cries.

      I hear them come back for more. I shudder involuntarily. "Come with us!" They shout at me. They undo the chains, I slowly fall try not to fall to the ground. They drag me upon the ground, as I grind my teeth trying not to yell out loud. Trying not to give them pleasure in what they are doing to me.

        We walk through a large wooden door; there seated in front of me is my judge; Me. I walk to a seat and sit. I try to speak such words they would love to hear. Such as, "I'm sorry" or "I know I deserve it." But they seem not satisfied.

        I mention something and they shout "GUILTY!" all around the room. It twirls. I fall. "As the judge of this room I hereby declare that you are GUILTY, and the punishment is imperfection!"

        I curl into a ball at the very mention of that sentence. I try to scream again and again. My demons come back and drag me away to my cell. I try to get a hold of something, anything; my fingernails scraping across the metal floor. "HELP ME!"

        I yell to the courtroom. They just laugh at me like the others. They look at me hideously sympethetically. They drag drag me back to my cell, stripping bits of my skin off my back. They chain me in the position I was before.

        I hear them snickering as I see them tempt me with food, waving it under my nose. I hear the sickening scrape of metal against the cold black stone walls of my cell; and I catch a glimpse of a razor.

        I grab it, staring at it as they laugh drool dripping off their shiny teeth. I look at their backs retreating into the darkness, as the cell morphs back into my own room. And I cry tears of glass, as I scrape the metal against my skin; and blood slowly bubbles to the surface. I cry out to the heavens.

        I stare into the mirror; "I'm my own worst enemy..." I whisper running my hand down my reflection. And I fall into a deep sleep, my darkest nightmares.
© Copyright 2010 Raven of the Night (writingfreak5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652335-My-Own-Worst-Enemy