*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652447-dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1652447
trying to quit smoking and the meds I'm on has been giving me interesting dreams
I went to school. I don't remember much before that other than my little brother had to stay with the lady.  I knew our parents weren't around and a nice man, at least I think he was nice, agreed to let us stay on campus with him and the lady. I don't know what he looks like but she reminds me of the old school marms in the one room school houses that dotted the west in the towns when the west was young. She had a dour look about her but I can't remember if she was mean to me or not. I know she was mean, at times, to my brother but I think that was more because he was alone so much of the time. I believe I was about 16 or 17 at this time. My first view of the school was across the back yard as I left the little house. A huge brick building with a gothic air to it as it's turrets reached for the sky. Dark and boding, this building was. I watched the school as I walked towards it through the trees knowing my brother was watching me from the window of the house as I left. I didn't think much of him at the time. I don't know if it's because he was so much younger than me or not.

As I walked across the field towards the school I could get a feel of my surroundings. The little house was situated among a few trees and just past that was the church, with spires stretched far into the sky. It wasn'ta  big church but at the time seemed huge to me....same as the school. The school reminded me of the college campuses I've seen in cataglogs. There were lots of students there. I hadn't realized that the little house was on the back part of the school, because just across from the school was the town. Lots of traffic traveled up and down the streets. Kids hanging out windows yelling at thier friends. It all seemed normal I guess. Or at least what I would imagine as normal. I remember being watched as I walked towards the main door. Not glares as a new kid would get but curious glances here and there; whispering, but not so I could hear what exactly was said.

I walked into the main entrance of the building and started up the stairs to my first class. I know this wasn't my first day and I'm not sure even if I know when my first day was. As I climbed the steps I saw the kids at the top, not being mean or anything but waiting. These were my friends I guess. Just the ones that spoke to me and I replied to. I didn't have a lot of people like that at the school. A teacher here and there not that I can remember for certain though. As I reached the top of the stairs everything moved into slow motion. Just like in a fun house the stairs fall into a slide of some sort but there was a hole at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. I dropped my books and slid, along with another girl, down the stairs towards this hole. I remember someone hollering about getting help and everyone else making it through the door at the top of the stairs. But that's it. The next thing I remember is waking up in the dark.

© Copyright 2010 albby223 (albby223 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652447-dreams