*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652714-Fallen-Soldier
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1652714
A short story I spent about 15-30 minutes writing. Reviews appriecated.
    Gunfire echoes throughout the street as a young soldier hunkers down between the twisted and burned remains of what was a car.  The soldier sticks his dirt-covered face out before jerking it back underneath the cover as the distinctive sound of gunfire rips around the remains of the car. Bullets bouncing off the car as the soldier grips his rifle tightly,his fingers curling around the weapon as his eyes wide with fear, dart around looking for any escape from the neverending stream of gunfire. He yelps as the ground several yards to his right explodes, blowing debris and dirt into the air. The soldier gets to his feet and darts off, sprinitng down the road as he ignores the shouts of his fellow soldiers. Adrenaline coursing through his veins as he see's small puffs of dirt pop up in front of him as the bullets zip past him. His body jerks and he lets out a ear-peircing scream as bullets tear through his body, he stumbles and falls, dead before he hits the ground. The young soldier laying on the ground in a pool of blood as the battle around him continues.
© Copyright 2010 Xardalas (xardalas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652714-Fallen-Soldier