*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652929-Best-Friends
by Ted
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1652929
A very short story on two best friends.
Best Friends?

There were two five year old boys who lived next to each other. Ever since they started attending the same school together, they had been the best of friends. Tom and Jack were their names and they did everything together from running around, sporting, and their favorite: catching bugs. Two normal kids living next to each other wouldn’t get along as well as these two did if it weren’t for their shared interest in bugs.

Ten years later, they attended high school together. These two boys often reminisced about their bug collecting days as they lay awake together, through nights staying over at each others’ houses. Even though high school life has separated them from each other during the day, it only made the times that they do have with each other more precious. Their seemingly never-breaking bond became a childhood they both treasured. The closeness of this friendship is as dense as a brick that even a blade cannot pierce. A brick however, shatters quite readily upon heavy impact because it is so dense.

Soon, Tom got himself a girlfriend but of course that didn’t tamper with their friendship, at least not on the surface. Since the three of them often hung around together, Tom can’t help but think of the possibilities of Jack disliking this girl, or likes her too much. Susan, Tom’s girlfriend, was the first girl that Jack ever hung around, so he couldn’t help but get aroused by her presence although his friendship with Tom can overpower his instincts from going any further. The two friends used to talk about everything but they have never talked about how Jack felt about Susan.

One day, they were watching television at Jack’s house when Tom needed to go to the washroom. There was no reason for Tom to hesitate, so he went. As Tom was finishing up and zipping his pants, he heard a high pitched scream so he rushed back to the living room. He got back just in time to witness Jack’s hands cupped around the top of Susan’s breasts as she slapped them. There was no way this was happening. Why would Jack harass Susan? And why would he do it when Tom was still under the same roof? The answer didn’t matter because Tom was already fully enraged. “This is not what you think!” Jack exclaimed as Tom was storming closer. Anyone would’ve said the same thing so it didn’t dissuade Tom as he performed the most tremendous kick to Jack’s groin. Still enraged, Tom grabbed Susan and left the house.

On the ground, Jack grabbed his genitals instinctively to protect it against further contact with external hostile forces. A spider crawls from his hands to flee from his carcass. Amidst the unfathomable pain, Jack wondered if he had done the right thing. Susan screamed when a spider had climbed onto her breasts. She raised one hand above her head, charging up for an attack. The results would’ve been ugly for both the bug and the girl so there was only one way to prevent it: grab the bug and get it away the hit zone, which happened to be his best friend’s girlfriend’s breasts.
© Copyright 2010 Ted (tedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652929-Best-Friends