*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652974-Chap-1-In-the-Trees
by Quinn
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1652974
first chapter in my latest book. need a title!
"Do you really think this is safe?" Ray asked, her voice cutting through the mist of the morning.
"Of course it is!" Anna replied quickly, grunting with frustration. "Why wont this hook on?" She yelled. Ray tried not to peek, but couldn't succeed. Ray's eyes popped open. With a gasp, she tied her ponytail back, and began to stare at the wonderment around her.
"Oh my gosh! You brought me here?!" she exclaimed with delight. She tugged on the harness around her waist, trying to believe it was true! She had finally turned 10, and was about to access 'the palace'.
"you are 10, aren't you?" she replied  jokingly. "It's time you learned how to get up, isn't it?" Ray nodded so hard that her head nearly bounced off of her shoulders! Anna then knelt down on the forest floor. Ray watched in wonder as she began to dig in the fallen leaves, creating a musty smell that hung in the air like a natural air freshener. Ray took in a deep breath, savoring the scent, hoping to never forget it. "Here we go!" Anna declared proudly. "Just as I remember it!" In each hand she held a large climbing hook attached to a heavy rope that stretched toward the sky. Swiftly, she clipped one to each side of Rays harness. "Now lets get you up!" She exclaimed happily.
"Are you sure this will hold my weight?" Ray asked nervously, gulping as she stared up into the canopy, wondering where the tree house could be.
"Don't tell me you chickened out? Are you still a little nine year old? To scared to go up into the big, bad, tree house?"Anna teased, pretending to cry at the idea of going up a tree.
"No I'm not!" Ray exclaimed hotheadedly, upset that her sister would consider her a scared baby.
"Then get ready to go!" at the sound of these words, Ray quickly closed her eyes, held tight to the ropes, and screamed as she shot up into the trees.

© Copyright 2010 Quinn (waltzdog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652974-Chap-1-In-the-Trees