*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653478-Hellfire-and-Brimstone-Chapter-One-
Rated: · Other · Fantasy · #1653478
The beginning of the dangerous journey for the Fire Elemental
Chapter One- Fire


"Hey Lucia! We must be going!" Jessiah yelled into my hut.
We were still in Clathera and it was the day that I would depart from my city for the first time.
I am Lucia, heir to the fire elementals before me. I choose to become an elemental because I belive in bringing the Light to my people, for they so deserve it.
I looked in my mirror for the final time. My black hair was put up into at tight bun and my red eyes shined with excitement and yet sadness. I could almost feel the tears that were running down my pale cheeks.
My people will miss me. I know it.
But they have given me their best three guardians to protect me. Jessiah, my best friend, is Clathera's best swordmaster. He began training when he was five and has loved to fight since then. Antony, Clathera's potionmaster and wisdom giver. He will guide me through my journey. Calli, my older sister and Clathera's strongest spellcaster.
Calli is the only one that could be close to an elemental. Although she is not, she can make any enemy fall asleep and can break through any armor, no matter how thick.
I am glad to have my friends come with me, as i will need every ounce of help and strength i can get.
I picked up my gloves, which shield me from my destructive element. My father, Lord Zelacan, had before me. He died bringing Light to the people of Clathera, which means....he never got his final fire element.
Most people would be ashamed of their father for something like that, but I am not. I will continue on with my fathers work and help bring my Light to my people.


I walked out of my hut to see Jessiah smiling at me. His auburn hair buzz cut as usual. He smiled at me and i could feel my cheeks turn red.
Nobody really knows this, but i have been in love with Jessiah for the longest time. His strength and friendship gives me the strength and power to do this. Above all reasons, I am doing this to keep him safe.
Calli beams at me while i began to walk towards the boat. We would be traveling to Ares, the first temple. As many of you know, Ares is the Greek God of war, but he is a fire god also. All fire gods from every religion contributes their power to help us. Ares, i am told, is a stubborn god, but a helpful one. We will not know the location of the second one until we visit him, he will tell us.
"You and Lord Ares will get along fine, my younger brat." Calli said as if she could read my thoughts.
I gave her a look of annoyance.
"Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence." I sarcastically said.
"Hey you two, stop. Lets get going to Ares." Jessiah softly said.
I blushed as he grabbed my arm. Antony snorted through his jet black coat. His greying hair and sunglasses showed his age.
"What?" Jessiah asked him.
Jessiah and Antony has never got along.
"Well if you can't tell, I am not going to tell you." His deep voice said.
"Come on guys, lets get going to Ares." I loftly said as i began walking down the path.
The first leg of my journey.
© Copyright 2010 Alexis Norship (shannannorship at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653478-Hellfire-and-Brimstone-Chapter-One-