*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654013-My-Daughter
Rated: E · Monologue · Family · #1654013
Just a little ode to my daughter to read as she gets older.
How do you put into words the emotions that are evoked? Words like love, beauty and joy are just words, inadequate to describe how I feel.

I sit here gazing at your sandel, purple with blue, white and yellow flowers dotted along the bridge, and a smile slowly makes its way across my face as a memory of you stamping your foot down and turning to me and laughingly saying, 'Daddy, Emi's shoe'.

And that is it, words are not enough, it is everything about you that brings the joy and love I feel. The squeal of delight at a new discovery, the hearty laugh when tickled, the scowl of exasperation at being foiled and the look of unconditional love when you wrap your arms around my neck. There are no words to describe that feeling. To put it simply, you are my daughter, my love, my life; never shall I leave you and always will I be there to sing your song.
© Copyright 2010 Silly chicken (sillychicken at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654013-My-Daughter