*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654374-Im-The-Moth-And-Found-The-Light
by Faith
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Drama · #1654374
It's short poem/story? I hope you enjoy.

         Cold hostile stories fill my memories and burn my thoughts. I’ll untie the black thread I sawn from pale lips of my own to speak of every insight that crossed this mind.  All these thoughts locked inside trying to hide will find the light like a moth in the night. The voice I left behind whispers, “Say goodbye leave this all behind. There’s a place in the dark where you can be alone with black wings that you can call your home.” I shake my head and nod no, knowing the only place that could be home is my dreams. In my dreams I know I exist I know another life beside hurt and pain.
Can I stay there forever?
         “Yes you can,” screech the demons from hell, “you can enter a new life where the screams you hear at night are hushed whispers you cannot define.”
         A luminous light glows and soft music plays “You can find hope,” cry the angles from above just as I fall to my knees with a dagger in my hand.  The light dims and the glow is gone, “Daddy won’t find you anymore,” the demons say crawling out from the cracks of the floor daring me to move on.
         “You won’t find hope through the depths of misconception,” sing the angels that snatch my body from the hands of death.  “You’ll be safe darling,” speaks the angel who holds me tight in there arms lifting me somewhere far beyond what I know. Hands move in front of my face and the thread tied to my lips comes free while the life is breathed into me. Blinking my eyes I see blurred faces moving around me shouting things to one another. Blinking my eyes I see the light and a man who says, “You will be alright just hang tight.” 
         Closing my eyes my faith and hope take a walk across broken glass.  Closing my eyes I see your face wanting, craving, and mine begging, pleading. Closing my eyes I see you hush me speaking foreign lies. Closing my eyes you grab my hand and whisper, “Daddy loves you.”
         Closing my eyes I’m the desperate mouth fleeting for the beauty of light. My wings are frail and white speeding towards the growing light. Closer an closer I get I can feel the air circulate through my lungs. Closer an closer I get I become awake, alive.
         I’m the moth and found the light.
© Copyright 2010 Faith (ashleyx029 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654374-Im-The-Moth-And-Found-The-Light