*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655513-Im-This-Tall
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Computers · #1655513
An interaction between a three-year-old girl and her grandfather. Illustrations pending..
"I’m This Tall!







Addison and Grandpa were walking toward the house.



















Suddenly Addison stopped. “Grandpa, I’m this tall!” she said. She held up her arms straight over her head, as far as she could reach.























“How tall are you?” asked Grandpa. He was smiling and wanted to make sure he understood what Addison meant.





















Addison said, “I’m this tall,” stretching her arms toward the sky.























Grandpa laughed. “Addison,” he said, “you’re not that tall yet. You can only be as tall as the top of your head.”





















“How tall are you, Grandpa?” Addison asked. Grandpa put his hand on the top of his head, and said, “I’m this tall. How tall are you?”





















Addison reached for the sky, “This tall!”





















Grandpa laughed, put his hand on the top of his head again, and said, “No, no Addison. You can only be this tall.”























Addison looked very closely at Grandpa. After a moment, she said, “Grandpa, don’t be silly. I can’t be that tall.”





















“You’re right, baby. I’m this tall.” Grandpa said. “Put your hand on top of your head.” Addison looked up at Grandpa and put her hand on top of her head.





















Grandpa continued, “Since you are only as tall as the top of your head, you’re as tall as where your hand is now. So, how tall are you?”

















“I’m this tall, Grandpa!” exclaimed Addison holding her hand on the top of her head.





















“That’s right, honey. That’s how tall you are.” Grandpa picked Addison up, hugged her tight, and carried her into the house.

© Copyright 2010 SD Rams (sdrams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655513-Im-This-Tall