*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655515-At-The-Cross
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Supernatural · #1655515
Just read...lol dont know how to describe
Darkness enveloped me and counted me out. A man of sins too many, not sure if grace could be found. In what seemed to be my final moments I glanced into the distance. I felt the ground shake with such heaviness and I could hear the echoing rumble of what appeared to be the chariots of Hell coming to gather my soul!

I saw the demons of my past ranting and raving coming to collect the spoils of war. At that moment I knew it would be over and the wages of sin would I pay! With all I had i whispered just His name but I was too late!

Then unmistakebly I heard a growing thunder! Louder it grew, over the sound of chariots and the laughs of Hells imps. Lighting streaked the sky and devils begin to cry. "He's ours" they begin to scream as they scrambled for a place to hide! With quivering lips they begin "You lost this one, His soul belongs to our Master!"

A flash of lightning struck the ground commanding the silence of all of Hells Forsaken Realm! I lay thier dying as He walked toward me, for where the lightning hath struck now stood a man. He glowed so brillantly that I could not see him, saved two hands and feet that seems to have been pierced.

Tears begin to roll down my eyes; for I indeed was unworthy to even feel the peace I felt as he approached. With gentle arms and a love so deep He picked me up! The demons screamed in terror with each new step he took. He carried me up a hill and placed me at the foot what looked like a cross. Still I was weak and was unsure of what was next but was slipping away.

I remember feeling a drop upon my face, followed by another; surely there was no rain in this place but the drops begin to flow. It flowed colors of red and went down to my toes. It was there under a cross, a place I was meant to die that the blood was applied.

As I look back to that day, a day that should have been sure defeat, my Jesus paid the price and gave me new life, paying for me a debt He did not owe. How can I not live for Him!!
© Copyright 2010 Cloven Tongues of Fire (cloventongues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655515-At-The-Cross