*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655662-Imbaa-and-the-Magical-Seed
by jm sai
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1655662
This is a fairy tale about a boy and a seed that protected the village.
         There was once a land that was filled with forest. Every being lived harmoniously with nature. In the middle of the forest was a small farm village. The people their always thanked Mother Nature for the food and shelter they received. Everybody lived in a simple life. Until King Thomas came.



         King Thomas was a ruthless king. He never cared for others except for the rise of his kingdom. He is also very ambitious. He declared war with another kingdom just to expand his territory. One day, King Thomas and his soldiers visited the little farm village and droved the villagers away. They then burned down the whole village which also burned down parts of the forest. The villagers went to the far away seashore and took shelter there. One of the villagers was Imbaa, a farm boy.



         The villagers that lived in the seashore only had to eat fish but Imbaa was allergic to fish. Imbaa went hunting inside the forest to find any wild animals to eat. But all the animals were gone after the fire. He kept on searching until he reached the place were the village was. Everything was burnt to the ground.  He looked around if there were any soldiers. He searched for any crops that weren’t burned. But it was hopeless to find anything, until he saw something glowing on the ground. It was a seed.  He picked it up and it wasn’t burnt. To his surprise, the seed suddenly talked. The seed asked to plant him in a place where there are good people. Imbaa asked why. The seed said that it will protect them. He went straight to the village. He planted the seed in the small field that he made and watered it. The seed sprouted into a small plant until it got bigger. After just a month, the small plant turned into a huge tree.



         Meanwhile, King Thomas checked on the construction of the fort. Everything was well until a storm came. It stopped the construction and all the workers went home fast. King Thomas stayed and took shelter in his newly built mansion not far away from the construction site. The storm kept on continuing until it flooded the land. The water level rose up and washed away the construction material. The fort that they were building was destroyed. King Thomas swam for his life but the current was too strong for him. He was never seen again.



         While the construction site was drowned in the flood, the villagers living in the seashore was protected by the magical tree. The tree had an invisible shield that blocked the water from entering the village. After the storm ended, everyone in the village was safe. Imbaa suggested that it would be safe if they stayed on the seashore with the protection of the magical tree. Everyone agreed and held a party to celebrate for surviving the flood and the savior magical tree.

© Copyright 2010 jm sai (jmsai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655662-Imbaa-and-the-Magical-Seed