*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655663-Slip-of-a-condom
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #1655663
This about a young man and his complicated life. His birth changed many lives.
Preview



I still dont know whether to thank  or curse those lucky stars for that condom slipage which happened 40 years ago because of which I am here writing about it , because of which a jinx was broken and because of which lot of people got a new lease of life.





Part 1 -The Pre-Slippage Time



Those were the times when our country was fighting for independence from the British. The freedom movement was peaking with the British back to the wall and were willing to leave. But somewhere down the lanes of a small city in south india a young woman's freedom to choose her lifemate was ignored. No one wants to listen to her pleas. she has nt finished her school yet, but for a engineer bride groom education can wait. At that time leave alone engineering , school education was a luxury. Only the elite could afford. Mother of the girl could not utter a word in front of her arrogant father, who has decided to pack off her minor daughter long ago.



Rama's marriage was a low key affair conducted in a Pandal ( Small Tent) erected in front of her parent's newly built house attended my immediate family. Most of them enjoyed because the marriage muhurtham ( wedding time) was evenig 7 to 8 on a  nice cool day in november. All had a tummy full of tasty dinner prepared by the famous subbu pattar, a tamil brahmin. Only person worried was Rama who had heard from cousin that her mother-in-law, Parvathyamma, is a highly desciplined lady. Rama expected to get some comfort from her husband Nathan who was educated unlike her. Raman her father-in-law was a practicing lawyer with zero won cases to his credit. He was romantic person who accidently became a Barrister , British era lawyer.











© Copyright 2010 lazygoose (pmadhukumar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655663-Slip-of-a-condom