*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656214-Angel-of-Death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1656214
Beginning chapter of a action packed, romantic suspense novel.
Cole Lassiter/Nick walked slowly into the church. Carlos’ man was hot on his trail. This job had turned out to be more than he expected an impending feeling of doom loomed large since the day he started this assignment. He crossed himself and headed to the alter he hadn’t been to church since his mother’s funeral. He hadn’t feel the pain of her loss of his parents in years; it was now just a dull ever present ache. He lit two candles and held the cross that hung around his neck. Cole as deeper undercover than he had even been if all was going as planned Jack was here at the church. He’d been stripped and searched more times than he could count. He wanted to laugh at the sight of Jack dressed like a priest but things were too serious for that. If they hadn’t taken his phone he’d have taken a picture for use at a later date. He found some small measure of comfort in Jack’s presence.
“Forgive me Father for I have sinned,” Nick said solemnly.
“From the looks of you my son that is an understatement. I see you have company.”
“I’m half expecting him to crawl in the shower with me."
“That my son is a sin for another time,” Jack said smiling. He shoved a small piece of hardware between the confessionals. Nick took off his cowboy boot and it’s heel and slipped the device inside.
“It’s getting close now. Thank God for GPS. I’m meeting Carlos tomorrow. This one is calling for extreme measures. He’s well fortified and armed to the teeth.”
“We’ve got your back Nick, but be careful.”
“I’ve got a bad feeling, Father.”
"So do I," Jack mumbled.
© Copyright 2010 wildlypoetic (wildlypoetic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656214-Angel-of-Death