*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656735-Multiple-Personalities
by Paige
Rated: · Other · Relationship · #1656735
A story of a friendship that makes an unexpected turn.
Multiple Personalities

PART I
Inseparable. Best friends. He was there for her through anything and everything, constantly going out of his way to make her feel better whenever she was having a bad day. They talked all the time and anyone could see it in her eyes when he was around; he was her lifesaver.
         Ty walked into the cafeteria that day, his smile gleaming. Behind his dark chestnut eyes lay a hidden plan of how to get Tinley to have a good day despite the rain, which he knew she hated, and the lack of enthusiasm she had for her upcoming math test that afternoon. As Tinley made her way to the lunch table, rolling her eyes at her overjoyed friend, he put his plan into action.  In all of five seconds, Tinley set her tray down, went to sit in the chair, and fell obliviously on the hard floor of the lunchroom.
         “Ty!” She screamed, but couldn’t hide the laughter escaping her mouth. “Never pull my chair out from under me again or I’ll never speak to you again for the rest of my life!” Trying to muffle his laughter and stop it from drawing even more attention to them than he had already, he gently leaned down and grabbed his best friend’s hand, helping her back up to her feet. “Yes you will.” He replied, and they both smiled because he was right.
         Okay, so maybe that’s not the friendship you were expecting to hear of. You were probably expecting something more along the lines of a phone call at 4 AM in desperate times of need, or a shoulder to cry on during challenging points in life, but that’s not what their friendship was. Ty and Tinley shared a relationship like a snowflake, unique in every way. Nothing else in the world could ever compare to it. They brought each other down in order to lift each other up. The two were each other’s reminder not to take life so seriously, and that a good laugh could cure anything. That was until the day everything changed.



(Not finished yet, I still have to do part II but I thought I'd go ahead and put the first part out here)
© Copyright 2010 Paige (paige_04 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656735-Multiple-Personalities