*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1657628-For-Lack-of-a-better-titleLemon-Pudding
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1657628
Don't read this, you'll regret it.
The harsh winter cold of Tokyo, Japan bit me fiercely.

I sniffed in displeasure which threatened to permanently close my swollen eyes.
Life sucked period. I wanted to scream, to kick and punch, and to just throw a huge tantrum. The matchless frustration and the incomparable anger engulfed me in its putrid shadows. I purposely glared at the happy couples walking hand in hand, giving them the evil eye and throwing them dirty looks. I hoped they would have just as rotten a night as I was.

From an outsiders point of view I must have looked like Ebenezer Scrooge from “A Christmas Carol”. Except it wasn’t Christmas and I wasn’t some money stingy old geezer. I sniffed again, this time my eyes refused to open and I could feel salty drops forcing their way out of my closed eyelids and making their way down my cheek.

I stopped walking and knelt down in the middle of the street not caring who saw me, not caring how embarrassing it was, I continued to cry my heart out. My tears were soaked up by my woollen tights hence adding another 3ml of tears wasted on that stupid a$$hole.

“I deserve better than you.” were the words I had heard from him several hours back.

I bit my lower lip; it wasn’t like I didn’t want to look cute/ sexy for my boyfriend. It sure as hell wasn’t my fault that I was too poor to buy make-up and pretty clothes. I mean... even I wanted to prance around in fluttery dresses and cute miniskirts.

I ran a hand through my gold tresses in annoyance.

“I’m such a girl.” I muttered as my breath condensed into white clouds.

Suddenly a hand was placed on my shoulder and I tensed up in surprise. My first thought was “OH SH #T! A pervert.” But my fears were allayed when a deep baritone voice spoke.

“Are you alright?” whilst these words were spoken I could feel a large firm hand moving up and down my spine; in an attempt to soothe.
© Copyright 2010 Anastasia (minku at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1657628-For-Lack-of-a-better-titleLemon-Pudding