*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658006-And-so-I-cried
by Emma90
Rated: · Other · Other · #1658006
sad story .
      It was one of those days where I could feel the rain through my fingers. Clouds filled the sky, black yet not so gloomy they were. It was a school day, and I've noticed every little kid in the neighborhood getting ready for school. One who stood waiting for the bus there soaking wet from the rain swearing cursing and cussing nature. And another who had his umbrella ready, his mood couldn't have possibly been better and there he stood at his door step looking behind at his next door's window. There I was, getting done with my cornflakes and kissing my parents goodbye. I walked out the door with a big smile on my face. To me, the weather was all sunny with a nice breeze of fresh air, sounds of birds were all over and i could also smell the  flowers not yet blossomed, as if it was summer. I passed by this very peaceful kid, smiled at him and got closer to say good morning. He smiled back at me. His smile was full of words, joy and optimism. From that day on, this kid and I became really close friends. Seeing his smile made me forget about all my problems! One day, I woke up feeling the warmth of the sun inside my room. It had to be a bright day, I thought. Quickly, I got up, got all dressed up, had all my needed stuff inside my bag for an arranged trip with my best friend. I heard my dad rushing me, and I was all so excited I ran down the stairs, took the sandwiches, kissed my parents goodbye and went next door. I knocked on the door with a big bright smile on my face waiting for the usual smile that used to face mine on the other side of the door. His mom opened the door, looked at me with grief. I could feel something was wrong, and then I saw glitter in her eyes, and suddenly tears slided down from her eyes, down her cheek and on the ground. The sandwiches fell off my hands. That moment I knew everything was not right. I looked up at the sky and suddenly, it was all dark and cloudy again. I turned away, closed my eyes and I could feel the chill of cold running through my whole body.
© Copyright 2010 Emma90 (iman90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658006-And-so-I-cried