*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658281-My-Dark-World
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #1658281
A glimpse into my heart & imagination having suffered a recent breakup
Silence and sadness have returned to and engulfed my world, the dark clouds roll in and blot out the brief light and warmth of the sun. I am alone despite being surrounded by my friends yet I have returned back to my dark place where I am alone but safe. The silence both comforts and saddens me. It wasn't like the appearance of a man in my world was particularly colourful or impacting yet the potential was bigger than I had dreamed in recent times, the hope had returned and settled within me. So, it was not him that had made life become so colourful once more but it was the potential promise of a future that made life regain it's sweet taste. Yet the sweet taste was not to last, it was only to be enjoyed briefly before it, like a child in my arms, was ripped away from me just as I had begun to trust it, to believe it, to dare to dream about all the wonderfulness that it could bring. Indeed, I have retrieved my brave mask and it still continues to fit like a glove, almost as if it had never dared to leave my face. It protects me, it hides my true self, my true feelings, my true spirit. It is not a pretty mask, mind, for it may disguise the darkness and sorrow yet it also hides the true light.......yet there is no natural light left in me to shine forth so the mask projects an artificial light in it's place. This light keeps all those around me happy that all is well; for they only care that it is simply a light, not whether it is truly mine or just an illusion........
© Copyright 2010 LadyAbbie (ladyabbie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658281-My-Dark-World