*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658486-For-Lack-of-a-better-titleLemonPudding3
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1658486
Refer to for lack of a better title lemon pudding1 & 2

Upon seeing my change in attitude the one across me breathed out something along the lines of “Easy to please.”

Choosing to ignore the (rather rude) remark I continued to digest my late dinner. Moving was virtually impossible what with my now bulging tummy. If only I was allowed the pleasure of sleeping right there and then, my night would have been satisfactory.

“Where do you live? I’ll send you home.” The generous (yet sharp-tongued) man offered.

Although it was a bit late to be worrying about why the other party approached me in the first place I couldn’t help it. It irked me to no end; a handsome stranger comes to the rescue of a crying girl, how clichéd is that? In this day and age that single line would have ended like this: a handsome stranger comes to the rescue of a crying girl, or so it seems. But in reality he is actually a serial rapist/ drug lord/criminal....etc.etc.

There was a possibility (Heaven Forbid) that I would be lured away and have my organs sliced out and sold in the black market.

Suddenly I wasn’t feeling so sleepy. My blood had turned cold and I wanted nothing more than to bolt for the door. Quickly I thought up an excuse to get THE HELL away from this man.

“I-Its fine, I live close by.” I stumbled. “Well see ya!” In a flurry I grabbed my bag and all but ran for the doorway. Or at least I thought I was running... (If I was...how DA HELL had he managed to catch up to me?!)

The blood really drained from my face when I was pulled to a stop a few centimetres away from the door. The man spun me around like a doll and held a small rectangular piece of paper to my eye level.

“My business card.” He said simply and proceeded to tuck it into the front pocket of my jeans.

Still weary of the stranger, I ran all the way back to the dorm the moment his hold over my arm was released. Every so often I’d look over my shoulder to check if anyone had followed me.

Finally reaching the safety of my room I collapsed to the floor in relief.

“What’s wrong?” My caring roommate and best-friend peeped out from the top bunk of our shared bed.

“You won’t believe who I just had dinner with.”

“Who?” she asked, curious.

“I don’t freaking know.”

© Copyright 2010 Anastasia (minku at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658486-For-Lack-of-a-better-titleLemonPudding3