*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658522-The-blade-of-Eldunarie
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1658522
this is a play i am writing
The Blade of Eldunarie





Characters:



CJ-Christopher Jackson: a 27 year old with a goatee who always wears a rider’s jacket-black leather.  His black hair is always gelled. He wears combat boots with a concealed dagger under his jeans. 



JC-Jayson Crouso: he is a cocky 12 year old. Who dose not likes to listen to any one. He wears a black leather jacket, dark blue jeans, and black leather boots.  His hair is styled in a haphazard mess.



TJ-Timothy Jake: He is a 17 year old who wears a jean jacket with a gray hood, a pair of ripped jeans and black combat boots.  His hair style of hair comes down to his shoulders in neat wavy locks.  He is never caught of guard.



Narrator: an old man with a Mi accent.







Setting: a large classroom in an old styled brick school.



At Rise: when the curtains are drawn lights go on one by one.  At stage left near a brick wall stands a table hand crafted covered in a red table cloth.  On the table are 20 or so large crudely raped bundles with rags around them. At stage right three guys are talking about safety.  At center stage there are three wooden dummies.



CJ:          Now you may go pick your tool JC.



JC:          (With excitement shout) Yes! (and start to run)



CJ:          Don’t run!

         (Some lights start to flicker)



Narrator: As he reaches the table looks at the bundles.



CJ:          You’ll know it when you see it (then mumble something).



Narrator: The young boy walks around the table till he sees it a small bundle (about 30inches long).



JC:          (Proclaim in a loud voice) This One!



CJ:          Well pick it up!



TJ:          Just be careful, it's sharp.



Narrator: He walks back with his eyes on his bundle never looking up.

         (On his way back JC trips on a wooden block and the bundle go flying.)



CJ:          (Shouts in a loud voice.) Oh No!



Narrator: With out a second to spare TJ splits into action.



TJ:           (Runs to catch the bundle as the crude towel falls of in the air to revile a 1.5 hand sward.  It lands          in the right hand of TJ.) Don’t ever take your eye-



CJ:          (Interrupt TJ) Don’t correct him; you did the same when you received your first blade. JC Are you          ok.



JC:          (With tears in his eyes he pouts) I think so.



CJ:          Now let’s see what the damage is.



TJ:          (Walks over to CJ wile glaring at JC handing the sword over to CJ)



CJ:          (Exclaim) WOW!



TJ:          (Exclaims)  What!



CJ:          This is the first time I’ve seen this sword in 6 years. (With a voice of aw and reverence) the Blade of Eldunarie.



JC:          What’s the story behind this tool that makes you say it that way.



CJ:          (Grinning) We don’t have the time.



TJ:          Of course we have time.  You always make time in the first day to tell the story of the tool the student received.



CJ:          Well, I guess I can.  It started about 8 years ago.  We were on a hunt in Afghanistan looking for tools for on of the classes.  At one of the stands in the market stood a man with this blade.  He said “Any one who will challenge me and win may have this blade.” 

         So I thought that it wasn’t going to be a  problem cause there was nothing to loose. So I proclaimed  I will.  He had me come to the table and handed me a blade to dull.  The Blade he gave me was a crude piece of metal.  He went over the rules of the dull.  The main one that stuck in my head was disarm him.  I thought to myself that’s all I have to do!  Then it started.  The blade swinging, my adrenaline rushing and then the clash.  It soon was over when he thought that he had won.  I took one last swing and wrenched it out of his hands.  Although he was not willing to part with his blade he let me pick it up and take it with me. 



JC:          WOW!



         (The lights start  to dim)



CJ:          It’s time to go.



         (As the three walk of the stage the lights go out one by one. The curtains draws to a close.)
© Copyright 2010 Aren Hard (jcrouso at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658522-The-blade-of-Eldunarie