*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658608-z0rz
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1658608
The story of GodKing Griffin and Supreme Overlord 4
“FOR A NEW WORLD ORDER!”, I roared as I stood on the outcrop, overlooking the sea of faces. I was met with a bellow from the crowd, their words lost in the maelstrom of voices.
“TONIGHT WE MARCH ON MOSCOW! ALL WHO OPPOSE US SHALL SUFFER THE WRATH OF THE GOD-KING!” I hollered into the writhing mass of people. Stepping down from my makeshift pulpit, I was greeted by Supreme Overlord Master 4. Together, we set of for the camp. “Collin. Make sure the horde is disbanded by midnight. I shan’t have them rioting while I sleep”, I shot over my shoulder as we headed off towards the encampment.
We had pushed forward into Russia after annexing the Americas and most of Europe. The Russians had held the line at Volgograd, but our army pushed them back a matter of weeks ago. Across the land, Russian rebels had joined our cause, and the Grand Army of the God-King had grown. Gathering followers from all nations, it had grown into the all powerful Purple Horde. Many oppressed Russians rallied to our cause, eager to be free of the oppressive government they knew.
Walking along the roughhewn path towards the bivouac, mine and Jillian’s exchange was cut short by the arrival of Grand Vizier NJ, my highest advisor.
“SOM 4” NJ said as he knelt in front of Supreme Overlord Master 4, as was customary with him. “Overlord” he said and acknowledged my presence with a nod. Turning once again to Jillian, he said “What is thine bidding my master?”
“Collin and his forces will need assisting to break up the “celebrations”. Tell the horde that you bear a direct order from Supreme Overlord Master 4. They must rest, for tomorrow we conquer!” Jillian replied.
“It shall be done” the Grand Vizier respond. Springing to his feet, he nodded to me once again and set off towards the gorge where Collin and his men were directing the masses back to the camp.
“Why does he respond so well to you? He and Collin both. I could stand here all day and scream “COLLIN! NJ!” into the ether, and they would never come. All you have to do is say NJ, Collin and they’ll come running.” All Jillian did was laugh. True, it may seem like I’m complaining, but we both knew ‘twas all a jest.
Just as we reached the tents, an screeching voice echoed through the barracks.
“THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THERE ARE OVER 9000!” Panicked, we turned and ran in the other direction, towards the gully where the Purple Horde was mulling about, grabbing weapons and rushing to the trenched to repel the invaders.
By the time Jillian and I arrived at the scene, the cries of panic had been replaced with cries of anger. NJ and Collin were holding a laughing sentry by each arm. Confused, we pushed through the crowd.
“Where are the Russians? I thought there were OVER 9000 of them?” SOM 4 demanded. A tall soldier with an eyepatch and a broadsword slung over his shoulder stepped forward and addressed Jillian.
“Supreme Overlord Master, it was a false alarm. This sentry, she calls herself “Emmie of the Porridge Bear Clan”, she sounded the alarm just for lulz.” Enraged, I stepped forward.
“YOU! Emmie of the Porridge Bear Clan, how dare you! You have thrown the entire army of the GodKing into disarray! I’ll settle this here and NAO!” I bellowed into her mocking face. Pulling my sword from its sheath, I rushed toward her. In mid stride, I was jerked backwards. Whipping around, Jillian grabbed me by the shirt. Keeping cool, she merely said “No. Let Brianne deal with her. Let her suffer for the rest of her miserable life in Madagascar.” A nod of agreement was all I could muster. After a few seconds of cool down, I turned to Emmie of the Porridge Bears and said stiffly to her
“Fine then. Just be glad your Supreme Overlord is more generous than I.”
© Copyright 2010 Lord Griffith (shadowsonix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658608-z0rz