*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658851-Beyond-Enemy-Frontiers
by nikkie
Rated: · Other · Other · #1658851
A glimpse, beyond enemy lines...
                                                                               Beyond Enemy frontiers

A spitfire roared across the blue skies, piercing through naive feathery clouds, escorted only by the sun’s rays. The gleaming rays which sliced through the bloody mist, with a fervent obsession to witness the gory exploits of the crusaders below. The crusaders epitomized the very harbinger of death and destruction, looming over the entire subcontinent. The pilots, sent on an espionage mission, seemed elated given the privilege of testing an in-built camera in the warplane. A gadget presumed to bestow a major lead, in turning over the elusive tide of the war. The jet, would have been honoured itself, given the opportunity to exhibit a part of its stealth in action.

I was the co-pilot, given the reins of the formidable weapons of aerial warfare, the missiles and allied guns, while my friend manoeuvred the plane. I provoked my friend to take a glance at the enemy below, out of my own urge to make the mission valuable, and display our valiant spirits. We steered the plane, to just kiss the aerial frontiers of the enemy. The coordinates referred to ‘Kaiserwald’, as I scanned a map, to spot our location. We intended to zoom past the area, as I capture the area, in a few shots. I zoomed in to take clear, detailed pictures, eager to exploit the powerful resolution of the camera. I suddenly noticed a military camp in a cleared area, within the dense forest. A sole solid structure stood, with a black ‘swastika’, set upon what looked like a blood-drenched backdrop painted upon it. I convinced the pilot, to make a loop, and venture closer, into the area. We planned to zoom vertically up, just after I would take a few snaps to ascertain the enemy military operation.
The enemy had caught sight of our plane, and fired anti-aircraft shells just as we entered their range.

I managed to take a couple of close snaps, but our plane was hit by the heavy shelling, as it plummeted down into the dense forest cover. I managed to eject in time, out of the ailing jet, as I slammed on the ‘Eject’ button, but I was parted from my friend whose ejection mechanism was damaged, due to the shelling. The captain, went down with the vessel, loyal to his very companion, till his breath left him. I gaped at the blazing machine, shoot down like a meteor, in anguish.

My parachute unfurled as I glided through the air. The enemy would not let any wintess escaping, as started firing at me. By god’s grace, I escaped with a single bullet, as I fell through crashing onto the forest floor. Quickly, I detached myself from the parachute, as I moaned with the pain of a bullet in my left arm. Out of the blue, shells appeared slicing through the dense forest, crashing on the forest floor. The place was covered in craters, as I barely managed to escape the fire. As I weighed my chances of establishing contact with a Russian base nearby, a plan struck me. I spotted the smoke, from our shot-down aircraft. With the enemy still doubtful, to lower their guard, while chasing a single soldier, I paced in the direction of smoke. Very soon, I reached the crash-spot, and approached the plane warily, risking a potential blast. Hastily, I started ruffling the hot debris, trying to locate a valuable gadget. I checked, if it had survived the crash and shelling, and quickly clicked a knob. Now, I could just live on, hoping my comrades in the nearby Russian ally camps received the beacon, and hating the thought revealing my position to my enemies too. Within an hour, I was rescued by my comrades, as I left along with the plane’s camera, unsure if its fate was as good as mine. Soon after my rescue, a bloody battle ensued between the two sides, as I had fixed their rendezvous. Just upon reaching a nearby camp, the pictures were developed from the plane-camera, which yielded stunning, but horrendous sights. Sights of trucks loaded with human-like carcasses, probably Jews, or prisoners of the war. The trucks were unloading the carcasses, adding onto a colossal mound, in the marshes.

Everything is considered fair in love and war, but no human could ever rationalize the bloody plot
On the pages of history, as their own species, regrettably had achieved the unprecedented feat of wiping off entire communities, maybe, chunks of civilizations in some of the largest ever genocides.

The End
(Word count: 750)
© Copyright 2010 nikkie (nikhil1504 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658851-Beyond-Enemy-Frontiers