*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659067-Playing-with-Fire
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #1659067
Charlie feels like after all she has been through she'd rather be alone. Not for long.
This is what i've come up with so far for part of the first chapter...





"Please stop!" I yelled,

Though I know it was a waste of time. He wouldn’t listen to me, he never does. Laying here I could barely move, my breath was coming out in small huffs. The body on top of me was crushing the air out of my lungs.

“You can’t do this” I said, as I felt his rough hands sliding up my bare thigh.

“You’re not supposed to be doing this,” I glued my eyes shut. The smell of his perspiration and cheap cologne was intense.

“You know I love you.” He rasped, pushing my hair out of my face, “I love you so, so much my dear Charlene.”

He then proceeded to kiss my neck.

“Why” I whispered, “If you love me, why are you doing this.” Tears began to break surface, as I tried so hard to keep them from falling.

“Because I love you Charlene, I’ll never let you go, you’ll always be mine.” He looked in to my eyes and his grin turned in to a more sinister one.

I jumped out of bed in a cold sweat. This is the third time this week I’ve had that stupid dream. I looked over at the alarm clock, and noticed I had a couple more minutes before I had to report to work. I hopped out of bed, and quickly threw on my uniform. I walked down to the kitchen, and grabbed some granola bars. It’s the end of summer and its still smoldering hot here in Detroit, but I prefer the hot weather to crazy Detroit winters.

“Charlie could you run a couple errands for me before you leave,” my mother yelled coming down the stairs.

“You look good and able,” I said, grabbing some Apple juice.

“Charlie,you don’t always have to be such a brat, could you do your mother a favor?” she asked conjuring up a helpless look. Obviously she wasn’t trying too hard because I could easily see the irritation in her eyes. They always carried that irritation these days. Ever since I cut my hair in to a short bob, and got some red-purple highlights. Which, according to my mother, make me look like a demented girl that just got out of juvie. She never fails to remind me how pretty I used to look with my shoulder-length hair, which was thick and a nice rich ebony color. It was a good contrast to my skin, which was sandalwood brown.

“Nah, I don’t think I have it in me” I bit in to the granola bar, and I could feel my stomach doing flips.

“Ma, you have to buy these more often, there the bomb,” I grabbed my purse and walked out, leaving my mother looking stupid.



I know its not much but thats all i got*Smile*
© Copyright 2010 Cassie00 (cashewz00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659067-Playing-with-Fire