*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659210-The-haunted-Graveyard
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1659210
This story is about a girl walking through a graveyard at night.
It was dark. As i walked around i couldn't help thinking about the corps resting behind me. I kept turning round, seeing the shadows of the swaying trees with my dim candle. My eyes kept flashing to the unwanted gravestones that sat there, crumbling away. I grew scared. Being in a graveyard at night wasn't the best place to be. I walked on, feeling my bones rattling with fear at the sound of the howling wind. I wanted to go home but i knew i had to do this. I ran a little, thinking i would be safe but i tripped on a large gravestone. I screamed, hoping it would help. I stared at the gravestone, squinting to read the writing since my candle had gone out.

      This was the gravestone i had been looking for, it scared me that i had found it by tripping over it, almost like it was meant to happen. I gave a small smile and tried to read it properly. I stared at the dull, dead flowers. "Oh mum!" I whispered. My mother's name was Candice Wentworth, we shared the same name since she knew she was dying when i was born. I peered at the rest of the gravestone. But wait, her birthday was wrong, i stared at the writing, December the 6th 1996. This wasn't my mothers gravestone.









                                                It was mine.
© Copyright 2010 Disneygirl (disneygirl226 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659210-The-haunted-Graveyard