*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659866-Flight-of-the-Senses
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1659866
When I listen to music, ideas come, I write them down. This is one of those moments.
Hushed winds skirred o'er the quiet moors, and the sound of them was as the sound of a sleeping babe. It tousled the emerald grasses which whispered 'neath the wind's caressing touch and the whole of that day seemed wrapped in serenity. Overhead the heavens did hide themselves behind a veil of silver cast clouds, so that ev'n the golden sun couldn't shed her warmth beneath them. At the moor's western front, the land cut away and jagged cliff faces overlook'd the churning sea, and overlooking the churning sea was also a fair dame. Her complexion was as one from an angel, her delicate flesh reflected the soft light and her dark locks framed her comely features. But in the peace of that day, the dame held a mask of sorrow o'er her features, and such a mask she was loth to leave.
         Slender brows stitched lightly together and her topaz eyes soft'ned til her tears flowed freely and down toward yon rocks at cliff's feet where the sea gurgled and pounded. Never shall I pass thine wintry path e'er again, never shall thine starry eyes gaze fondly o'er this steep ledge, for thou art a child of adventure, and adventure shall ever by thine doom.
         So fled the sullen memories to the dame's sweet eyes, and mouthed by her pale lips did she speak voiceless words. Then her eyes fluttered shut and the mourning dove laid her hands softly o'er her aching heart. The clenching feel of her deepest regrets clung desperately to the dame's thoughts, forcing also her throat to sting with the tears she yearned to weep.
         Clothed, was she, in a gown of raw silk, and about her willowy legs it did dance in the swirling breeze. O'er her delicate flesh it soothed until the dame dropped in her anguish, to perfect knees she cared naught for. For what was perfection without meaning? She was perfect for herself, and she knew that because of her people and the pressure they gave, out of her distraction and petty desires, all had come to ruin. Down he ran from her, to unknown perils, and she watched him go his way, silently, carelessly.
© Copyright 2010 Pyrrhuloxia (pyrrhaloxia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659866-Flight-of-the-Senses