*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660539-Sweet-Smiling-Susies
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1660539
Anger and love.
You had quite a day today, didn't you, Susie?

I guess we all did. Amazing.

You were always a bit amazing, weren't you?

It was amazing how fat you were, for one.

It was amazing you could even paddle a surfboard, let alone stand up on one. I can see you right now as I saw you all morning; standing straight-up and facing forward, and looking so god-awful huge out there. Then a sway of the hip and you're digging in, carving the waves up, and the whole beach watching, and waving, and you smiling that smile that made us all fall in love with you.

Well, at this point I'm tired of your smile. I'm tired of being amazed. I'm tired of you.

I'm just not in the mood right now.

They say that death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

It's a lovely thought.

I love lovely thoughts.

They make me all goose-bumpy and sticky-hot and remind me of living in Atlanta eating sweet-potato pie on the front porch on Saturday nights with sweat trickling down from my earlobes to my ass-hole because my father won't let anyone turn on the air conditioner, and its too hot to go to bed. And nobody can wait for tomorrow cause we all get to go to church all day and learn more about God and the Holy Ghost and Satan and all the righteous reasons Jesus died for our sins. And most important of all, we'll get to learn again something we already know, that the Good Lord “works in mysterious ways”. I'll tell you one thing I know, Susie girl--the fuckhead does do that.

I'm sorry. It's late, and you're dead, and I know it's not right to say, but God can kiss my ass.

I'm sure most people probably assumed you would float, don't you think? Big as you were? Float for days just charming the shit out of Old Man Nautilus with your dimpled smile, and probably waiting for me to come save your big butt.

Well, maybe Nautilus don't charm so easy. Or maybe I don't move so fast. Or maybe Sweat Smiling Susies don't float so good after all. Or maybe, in the end, you just got tired of waiting.

Well, it's over, and Sweat Smiling Susie is dead, and that's enough about that for right now.

I guess you can probably tell that I'm mad at you and I'm sorry about that, but it's true, and I can't help it, and I can't stop it. I'm sitting here waiting for you to come walking out of the waves. It should be pretty obvious by now that you ain't walking out of no waves.

Old Man Nautilus can kiss my ass too.

w/c 486

© Copyright 2010 Winchester Jones (ty.gregory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660539-Sweet-Smiling-Susies