*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662102-The-Test-partt-1
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Political · #1662102
A boy of 13 years old, named Conor,has to make it through augmentations of the government.
A small speck of dust, slowly fluttered through the air, lazily swooping from side to side in the slightest of breezes, joined by a couple more specks, they fell silently, to the body ridden floor.

a bright buzzing sound filled the large room, the buzz echoed through its highly built walls, the sound came from a light, i big industrial light, sitting right above me, when i was trying to enjoy my drug induced slumber, of course i didnt know that, i had no idea what the hell i would get myslef into. My eyes had opened as slowly as the specks of dust were reaching the cold, tiled floor. I had managed to groggily lift my head and be blinded by the 4 stupidly placed lights above me, My eyes had adjusted to the overwhelming bright, and i was able to catch a glimpes of my makeshift bed, a dining table, complete with bench of which i could park my backside on, not the most comfortable, but i guess i couldnt care less, since i had a grade A tranquilizer in my system for about eight hours. I had decided at that point that i should jump up onto the bench and try and find out where the hell i was, i had now scoped out the room and strangely, i had not freaked out by the fact that there was thirty-five bodies, uselessly thrown onto more dining tables and, most uncomfortable of all, the floor.

what i did freak out about was the fact that i notice that we were in a huge room, many shaded windows on the wall, i was just able to make out the computer terminals and chairs through the black tinted portal, and the fact that there was just, one, door, solitarily minding its own business, closed and locked of course, like he was letting any of us through. i wonder why i was treating it as a "he", maybe its was a "she" or maybe the drugs were just still messing around with my system, well anyway i still thought i would just shout out for everyone to wake up anyway.

About five minutes later, when everyone had woke up and had their spells of "oh my god where the hell am i oh my god!" that took a while to get over, but now a lot of people were sobbing for their parents, some of the smarter children that i had began to know quite well had tried to make a plan to hack into the buildings computer system, and the idiots of the "class" had just sat in a corner, pondering on why they wanted their popularity when it really meant nothing to them later on in life, but oh well they might have been thinking about shoes for all i care. but something else had broken my chain of thought, somethnig more important than a buzzing light, it was an intercom, bringing out a nice tone of relief as it made a lovely tune before beginning to speak, oh did i love that noise.
"doom DOOM doom, hello there little ones."
it was a womans voice, she sounded nurturing, as if we were her children, she spoke with such happiness, it had come to a surprise to many people after the first impressions of some evil corporation.
"would all, test subjects please enter through the government protection approved lockable transport recepticle"
I had guessed she meant the door. Catchy name.
© Copyright 2010 wolf1557 (conorm1557 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662102-The-Test-partt-1