*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662136-A-Whole-Year-of-Unrequited-Love
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #1662136
A letter from a girl (me) to a guy (yes, THAT one...) He "inspires" most of my writing.
Dear Stranger,

Since you left, I've forgotten how to be. I forget what it was like to live with everything I have, to throw caution away and let myself love. I used to write poems for you all the time. Now my heart is so bleak, there is nothing there to write down. Maybe it was wrong to love you the way that I did. Maybe it was wrong and crazy and stupid. Maybe it was all of those things, but now I forgot how to ignore then. I forgot how to be confident and beautiful. I forgot how to respect myself. You might think that you didn't do anything that would destroy that, that would warrant this kind of sadness. Truthfully, you didn't. But being around you made me a better person, You were the best part of every day, and all you ever did wrong to me was taking yourself away.

I can't believe I'm even writing this. In three days is the anniversary of the day I fell in love with you, December 18th, the night of the band concert. A whole year of unrequited love. We've barely spoken for the last 4 months of that year, and still, I love you. This is dedicated to the point of insanity.

With love,
the only person crazy enough to love you.
© Copyright 2010 Andylee (andylee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662136-A-Whole-Year-of-Unrequited-Love