*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662630-want
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Educational · #1662630
something i wrote about wanting.
What makes me people want certain things? Is it nature or nurture that makes one person want to be liberal or republican? Want is one of the strongest emotions; people will kill or die for the things they want. Humans will die for a cause they deem just no matter how small it seems to you, it’s their life to them, and try to take it away from them do not be surprised if you simply don’t wake up one morning. “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.’’ Truer words have probably been spoken, but right now I cannot think of any. This Dr. King quote is certainly true today, in a country where we have so many different types of people, so many races and cultures; I don’t believe we will ever see eye to eye, but instead I hope for tolerance among all. “Be excellent to each other.” People have enough of their own inner troubles without other’s causing them more strife. Sad as it is, it seems I’ve become disillusioned with life and love. Bad things happen to everyone, they just seem worse depending on the goodness of the person they happen to. Love is real but it does not last forever, you can only hope it lasts until the point where two people just become used to each other, however long that is, the shortest time in which that point comes should be deemed worthy of your love. I’ve stated the cause I believe in, if you did not catch it, well pay better attention when you reread it. I know these things to be true, I am wise beyond my years, I have only one more quote “The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”



© Copyright 2010 dstraswell (dstilwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662630-want