*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662828-Candice-is-a-Monarch-Butterfly
Rated: · Poetry · Other · #1662828
no description
while wandering about random conversation and slipping into side-topics like back alleyways in a city grid plan...
she stated succinctly her belief in love and marriage. Two point five kids aren't in the cards as she gets sick of her lovers in two point five years...how could she stand "forever?"...And houses...and kids...and cars...forever?
"and anyway," she says, "lovers are simply those that lack the independence to exist on their own..."

Her words race dizzyingly in my head, bouncing back and fourth like a high-score pinball game.

Candice, a 21st century woman, jaded by movies and men who don't fulfill their promises of castles or idyllic situations or not going to bed angry or come with white horses and glass slippers or even come without baggage...
Suddenly it came to me.
Candice is a Monarch Butterfly...
Her words, like wings, are marked with pronounced dark tones and have a tendency to silence the observer into thought...
Yet, upon closer inspection, she and her words are as delicate as a tender spring breeze, fluttering about the mid-morning sky.
White specks dot her wings like hope dots her words. and her face is masked by distance and attempt to lead you to a jade heart...what she wants you to believe is her own. but not to be fooled, she is just daring you to find the REAL her.


As much as her decrees of love being aimless and ephemeral...she has yet to realize that despite the fact that happiness, or passion, or love may only last a second...the relativity of time and emotion draws a protracted line toward infinity
In her words, as heavy as they may be, I feel flight.
As delicate and effervescent as the bubbles blown by a child or the wings of a monarch...those moments encapsulate the perfection we desire.
She smiles. We float on.
Continuing to wander through random conversation and slip into side-topics like back alleyways in city grid plans...
© Copyright 2010 A Quest Called Tribe (axi693 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662828-Candice-is-a-Monarch-Butterfly