*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662833-The-Test
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1662833
Easter morning, God called me to help him with one of his little ones.
As I hung up the phone from talking to my lovely wife, the sound of the dogs called me to the back yard to see what was wrong. I reached the deck on the back of the house, and the cry of a small goat pierced through the dense fog and tugged at heart as if it were one of my kids. I went out the back gate and along the ditch, looking in the back of the goat farm on the other side. Making my way up the ditch, I got to the end of the farm property where the sound was strongest, but still I saw nothing. I made a kissing sound, and what appeared to to be a couple of pallets shuttered in response. A large white goat watched as I hopped over the rusty wire fence and trotted over to the trapped kid. The pallets turned out to be a large painted sign that held the kid down, as it threatened that I was about to be shot for trespassing.But never the less, I picked up the sign by its corner, and the little black goat staggered out from underneath. It came toward me as I dropped the sign and high tailed it out of there before I really did get shot. My adrenalin glands pushed me to jog back down the ditch, and I slipped back into my world a little winded, but walking on air for having the chance to help one of God's own. It was nice way to start an otherwise gray and foggy Easter morning.
High in the clouds on a throne made of gold, He watches a monitor built in to the arm. The small digital screen displays a man taking a risk for a little animal that holds no ties to him what so ever. With his life at stake, plus two of his own to care for, this human earned extra credit for an act of bravery, plus the Easter bonus. And all it took was trapping a kid under a sigh for a few minuets.
© Copyright 2010 rednekpen (bryguy13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662833-The-Test