*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663095-Knowing-Thy-Self
by Yang
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1663095
Believing yourself will equate to a completed dream. Please read through.
It has been said that experiences are best teachers and personally I believe that it is true, everything that happens to our lives were attracted by us, it came to mold us to be better persons, to be another soul capable of molding another soul after going thru so much.  Like a diamond, cut, crafted, heated on fire to be a beautiful piece of jewelry.  However, how we act, respond, perform, react, demonstrate, identify, create, organize is affected by the type of personality that we have.  There are times in our lives that we cannot deny asking someone higher that we are, why we are coward, why we are pessimistic, why are we loud, why are we weak, why are we strong... and so far, I have been looking into the types of personality and temperaments there are and have stumbled in a lot of information.

There are four temperaments known to us, Choleric, Sanguinic, Phlegmatic and Melancholic.  From the names, I already now I am more of a Sanguinic person - like a manic stage in a bipolar disorder, always talkative, encouraging.  However, it is nice to know that there can be variations, in my part, I am a choleric - sanguinic.  A balance between formal and clumsy.  And it is indeed a good thing to know.  Because some of the lines, define who I am. 

However, there still is the question, WHO AM I?  And I can only answer - I am WHO I wanted MYSELF to be.  As a child, I am a very talkative, questioning kid, oftentimes compared to others of my kin, the uglier kid, the skinny kid, the sickly kid, the clumsy kid, as a child, I am the inferior.  However, I never allowed myself to wallow in self-pity or tears, instead created a CHALLENGE for myself to be the best that I can be, in everything I do.  And I DID!  It is actually, knowing thy self that you start to love the negative and positive traits, the weaknesses and the strengths.  It always starts with LOVING YOURSELF.

If right now, you are in the stage of your life, where relationships are broken, where failures are coming one after the other, it is the time to KNOW THY SELF.  Try to know, who you really are by looking into the things you like, the choices you have made, and then everything will follow.  I believe that noone will love you best more than yourself, and in times that you alone, believe that you are actually not ALONE, you are always accompanied by someone created special, you are WITH YOURSELF.  Our greatest achievement is to LOVE ourselves, and the gravest and strongest oponent in every battle is also OURSELVES.  Reason why it is of much importance to learn to know, accept and love ourselves.  When we do, MIRACLES HAPPEN.

Everything in this universe is attracted by the LAW OF ATTRACTION, something I have read in the book entitled "The Secret".  Everything that happens, every circumstances, every person we meet, we draw to ourselves by the power of attraction.  If we are oftentimes positive, optimistic of the way things will unfold - POSITIVE THINDS come.  On the other hand, if we are oftentimes angry, unsatisfied with life, NEGATIVE THINGS come.  We attract what we feel.  Negative to negative, Positive to Positive.  That means, everything is our choice, so we have to chose well. 

After loving thyself and that includes coming to terms with yourself and accepting who you are inspite and despite of who you are. Next thing we do is to ASPIRE.  Let us not be dictated upon by society and the technological world we are moving on.  We are the DAVID we are shaping ourselves to be, thus, we can dream boundless of dreams, no ceiling, no walls. What I usually ask my friends is to take a piece of paper (you could probably do this too) and in 1 minute, jot down what you like, either a new place in Beverly Hills or a new Jaguar car, no bounderies!  Afterwards, read what you have written... Those things my friend, is what you like.  AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY YOU'LL HAVE IT! You must believe your dreams, and believe that you'll get it because if you start being PESSIMISTIC then stop dreaming, start from scratch, come to terms with yourself first, believe and accept and love yourself before dreaming.  This step is what you call - ASKING.

Next, ANSWER - create your own VISION BOARD, I have mine too! Cut-outs of things I want and people I want to meet, successes I want to have and I believe them to be true. Envision that you'll have it.  Again, believe you'll have it. 

Next, ATTITUDE - you have to believe, after asking and believing you have to complement your dreams with the RIGHT MIND SET and attitude.  You have to be enthusiastic, passionate and happy about your dreams, redundant as it may be - you have to believe it to be true! 

Finally, remember that what you ask, answer and feel will always be a match!

Love yourself!
© Copyright 2010 Yang (feah.altura at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663095-Knowing-Thy-Self