*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663264-Broken-Promises
Rated: GC · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1663264
A story of love and loss, pain and hapiness of life. Furry related.
The Journey Begins

The locker rooms of the fight arena were cold and dark. None around but a single light to the whole room.

"Where will I go after this?" asked Rick as he thought to himself, waiting for the call to the ring. Rick was a loner who was lost in his own mind.

He didn't know were he came from or who he was, other than his name. He was fought in arenas to earn money to continue his travels across the galaxy.

He was a formidable fighter, knowing many deadly and forgotten fighting styles. He knew some day he would find the truth; it was just a matter of time before that happened.

He was a 19 years old silver fox that was alone and wanting friendship.

He wore light gray assault style pants, a dark gray shirt and a jacket that was gray with white metal padding around shoulders and in a intricated design throught his back.

He had black, military style boots, and a small caliber blaster, that he never used. That's all he had of his past.

He had been roamming the galaxy for months now. His blue eyes were always full of sadness. Not knowing if he would die before finding the truth.

As he continued to wonder, a door opened in the locker room. An orange fox, a blue vixen, a falcon, and a small toad passed by and they walked by without glancing at him, not even knowing he was there.

“Ignored as always" he thought. As they went thru the door towards the ring, Rick stood up and walked towards the end of the walls lined with old rusted and broken lockers.

He looked back at his pile of clothes and felt like he was being stared at. He turned towards the door and there he saw her. The blue vixen that had just passed.

She looked at him and smiled. Rick felt strange and uncomfortable; he looked at her face and saw her emerald eyes. Rick froze in his spot, he tried to say hi or smile but couldn't, he just stood there expressionless.

"Krystal! Come on the match is about to begin!" yelled someone. She looked towards the source of the voice. When she looked back at the locker where Rick had been standing, he was gone.

"Am I seeing things?" she said to herself in a low, confused voice. Rick heard her say that, and felt bad about not saying hi or hello. The blue vixen he knew now as Krystal then left.

Rick was leaning up against the cold metal lockers in the darkness. He sighed then brushed his silver fur with his hands then readied himself for the fight.

Suddenly a bulldog dressed in a fancy suit that had the essence of thick cigar smoke, came in and said "Alright kid, your next, go out there and try not to bleed all over the place" then left.

Rick took off his undershirt an threw it on his pile of items. He ran his hands along his fur and stretched. His silver fur gleaming in the light. "Once again, here we go" he said and headed out the door.

The Ring
Rick headed towards the small 6 sided fenced ring. As he walked thru the ring entrance, many people cheered and others booed.

"And the next victim, I mean challenger........Rickkkkk!" said the introducer. "He will fight RJ, our undefeated champion! For the grand prize of 30,000 Lylatians!" continued the introducer.

Rick walked up the small stairs towards the ring. The crowd inside the arena suddenly yelled "Kill him! Kill him!" over and over. Rick was calm and undeterred.

The ring was surrounded by barb wire to seal in the fighters. Bright lights surrounded the ring, many of the spectators waved their arms yelling profanities in their language.

Rick walked towards the far corner of the ring. "Just another day" he thought. The crowd suddenly became wild as RJ walked towards the ring. Hey was a massive black bear. Bulging muscles all over his furred body.

"Oh great...." Rick thought. Rick looked around at the stands and saw many of the aliens start shacking hands. He knew too well what that meant. They were betting on the match.

The pungent smell of sweat came over him as RJ entered the ring. "Alright everyone! Readyyyyy, take places!" There was a long silence.

"Set, fighttt!" yelled the ref throught the mic outside the ring. The bear laughed at Rick's small size. "This will be too easy!" he said then laughed deeply.

Rick walked towards him and then extended his hand. "This shall be an honorary fight" said Rick emotionless. "Honorary!?" said RJ laughing at him.

"Fine let's do it your way" he then said. The bear extended his paw and shook Rick’s hand. He then tightened his grip and threw Rick towards the fence hard like a lifeless rag doll. Rick landed on his feet.

The crowd went wild. "You shouldn’t have taken advantage of that" said Rick, going into his fighting stance.

"What are you going to do about it? Small fry!" the bear said. The bear looked towards the crowd, Rick then threw a roundhouse to the bears face.

"You’re going to pay for that!" yelled the bear angrily. He then lunged at Rick, trying to tackle him. But Rick being small easily moved out of the way, making RJ hit the fence with his face.

The bear started to bleed from his nose profusely. He wiped it and ran at Rick once more. Rick moved out of the way and kicked the bear in the side of the head hard.

That caused the bear more anger. The bear then suddenly grabbed Rick and punched him in the stomach twice them threw him at a pole from the fence. When Rick hit his back, he popped his shoulder out of place.

Causing him immense pain flow throught him. He yelled in pain as he held his arm. The then gritted his teeth and pulled his arm, it was followed by a loud pop. The crowd gasped at what he did.

He yelled as his shoulder entered it's rightful place. He then ran towards the bear and dodged his massive claws and punched him in the stomach and then in the face repeatedly.

The bear walked back in pain. The bear then swung without looking and caught Rick in the face. Blood ran down his mouth as he walked back in pain.

He wiped it off and continued his hits on the bear. He then did a floor swipe and knocked over the bear. Rick then kicked him in the head, dazing him temporarily.

Rick then ran to the fence and began to climb it. At the top he jumped off and landed in the bears back. The bear yelled in pain as he felt the full impact of the hit.

Rick then walked back slowly and began to recover. The bear then struggled to get up, as Rick neared the last hit, he looked behind the bear and throught the fence and saw her.

Again he froze looking at her eyes. She looked worried as she stared at him. An orange fox sat next to her. He looked at her and put his arm around her. She ignored him.

She suddenly started yelling something but he couldn't hear over the noise of the crowd in the arena. He tried to understand but couldn't. She then closed her eyes, Rick just stated at her.

"Look out behind you!" yelled a voice in his head. "What the hel" he said, suddenly he turned around and met the bears paw head on.

The hit send him flying at the metal fence. He could now taste metal in his mouth. He spat at the floor red. "This match has gone long enough" he thought.

He then ran at the bear and jumped high above him. He then did a leg drop and then landed on the floor. He ran at the bear and did a roundhouse followed by a series of kicks.

The then took a few steps back, and then charged at the bear with a strong double palm right into the bears stomach. RJ fell to his knees holding his stomach, rolling in pain.

The crowed was dead silent. Someone then broke the silence by whistling. Then it was followed by clapping and cheers. Rick just smiled and headed towards the door. As he reached for it, a voice yelled behind you!

Rick did a back spin kick then turned around and hit the bear with a series of strong hits then one final hit. An elbow to the neck, shattering his trachea. The bear gagged then fell over and didn't move.

Rick looked around at where Krystal sat and didn't see her. Only the orange fox. "She’s gone...." he thought sadly. He then exited the ring and headed towards the locker rooms in complete darkness.

Found
Rick walked to his locker in the darkness. "Damn kid! You were supposed to KO him, not kill him!" said the bulldog who was smoking a cigar in the far-off corner of the room.

"Let me guess, you aren't going to pay me cause I killed him, am I right?" said Rick, his back towards the old dog.

"No kid! I want you to work for me!" he said suddenly. "What?" said Rick surprised.

"Yeah you heard me, I want you to be our new fighter here." he said taking in a breath of his cigar, lighting a small red dot in the darkness.

"A job." Rick thought. "Come on kid, what you say?" he said. Rick thought for done time, his back towards the old bulldog.

"No thanks, I have some unfinished business else where" he said in a bland voice. "I don't take no for an answer" he said threateningly. Rick turned around; anger started slowly boiling inside him.

"I not the kind of guy you give orders to." he said in a stern voice. "What are you going to do about it?" said the dog.

Rick needed the money so he calmed down and said "Give me the money and I'll leave peacefully".

"Good luck with that" he said turning around. "Give me my money" he said once more. "Fight for me" he said again.

"No" responded Rick. "Suit yourself" he answered back. "Boys! We need to teach this punk who the boss is" said the dog waving his hand towards the door.

Two huge rust colored dogs came in. So strangely they looked that they didn't resemble any breed of dogs.

Thick muscles around their necks, large arms, small sharp yellow eyes, tribal tattoos running down their arms. The two the dogs walked side by side, until they reached Rick.

"Two on one? This hardly seems fair, you two are at a disadvantage" said Rick going into one of his fighting poses.

Left arm out, right arm near his chest, both legs bent slightly. "Ready?" he said to the two dogs. "Lets het him!" yelled the brown dog.

Rick did a back kick and hit him in the face, throwing him to the lockers face first. The other dog threw heavy punches and missed.

Rick then saw an opening and hit him in the side of the ribs with an elbow. The other dog had stood up and joined the fight, Rick didn't see him cause he was busy with the gray dog.

The brown dog grabbed Rick from behind and caught him by surprise, he then gave Rick a painfully bear hug. Squeezing the air out of his lungs almost instantly.

The gray dog then stood up straight and walked towards Rick. "This is going to be fun....." said the gray dog popping his knuckles. The gray bear walked towards Rick slowly.

Showing a devious smile across his wrinkled face. The dog swung three times at Rick's stomach. He didn't have any air in his lungs; he was slowly choking to death.

He began to feel lightheaded. His face was beginning to darken. "Must breathe" he thought in his mind. Suddenly out of nowhere, a bright flash appeared in the darkness of the room, blinding everyone.

The brown dog let go of Rick and started to rub his eyes. Rick took in breathfulls of air. "Now is that anyway to pick a fight?" said a voice in the darkness.

In the dark corner of the room stood two green emerald eyes that sparkled brightly. Out of the shadows came the blue vixen Rick had seen minutes prior to his match.

Holding the pin to a flash grenade. "Now where even" she said walking towards the fight. Rick jumped over the two dogs and landed near Krystal.

Krystal looked at him with a smile while Rick in the other hand simply gave a cold stare at her. "Go away, you don't belong here" said Rick expressionless.

"But...is that the thanks I get for helping you?!" she said. "Boss what do we do?" asked the gray dog to the bulldog.

"Huh? I don't know. Kill them both. Do as you please. This is yalls pay, 30,000 Lylatians. Enjoy." he answered, pulling out the money and throwing it at the gray dog.

"Go away! You'll only get hurt!" yelled Rick at Krystal. Krystal gave him a hard slap. "Don't yell at me for helping you!" she answered angrily. Rick just looked at her, his face burning from the slap.

Rick just looked at the dogs and didn't say anything. He ran up to both of the dogs who were snickering at each and didn't see him run up to them both.

He began punching their stomachs. The brown dog ran towards Krystal, taking her by surprise. Rick did a roundhouse on the dog and dazed him.

Rick looked towards Krystal, who was being grabbed by the neck a foot off the ground. She punched and kicked the dog trying to make him let go. But it was useless.

Rick grabbed his blaster from the holster from the pile of items in the bench that he had placed and brought it to the dogs head.

"Let her go now." same plain voice he always used. The dog sighed and then stopped the grip on Krystal’s neck. She dropped to the floor holding her throat.

"Now back away slowly" ordered Rick. The dog put both hands in the air and backed away. Rick looked to the other dog, but he wasn’t there.

"What the hell?" he asked himself. Suddenly a locker door opened knocking the blaster from his hands.

Rick was then body slammed against the locker. When he got balance he was hit with what he believed to be a pipe, rendering him unconscious for several minutes.

Unleashed
Rick awoke in the locker room chained to the wall with a heavy metal chain. He looked around, but he still had fuzzy sight.

The then regained his vision and saw both dogs in front of him, holding Krystal in their large arms; she was apparently knocked out too.

With ropes tying her hands. "Ahh, look who's finally awake!" said the brown dog. The dog then swung at Rick, hitting him in the chest.

"Let.....her.....go!" he struggled to say. "I don't think so I think we'll have some fun with her first!" he said laughing. He then touched Krystal in the chest.

"Let her go! You.....son of a bitch!!" yelled Rick. "What are you going to do about it?" said the gray dog.

He then punched Rick in the face, making him bleed even more. "You bitch! When I.....ugh.....get out of.....here! You’re going to pay!" yelled Rick in fury.

The brown bear then put his hand under Krystal's blue shirt. That made Rick loose control of all his anger.

He yelled as he gritted his teeth, his eyes turning more slanted with anger. His teeth shone white and his arms started to get larger. "What's he doing?!" asked the brown dog.

A white aura appeared around Rick as he continued to pull on the chains. The room started to become like a wind tunnel.

The fire alarms within the arena were set off then by a small fire that ignited when the wind inside the locker room overturned a log stove that heated the cold concrete room.

"I don't know and I don't want to find out!" said the gray bear pointing his blaster at Rick.

He then shot at him but the shots were absorbed by the silver aura. The chains then broke, releasing a crazed animal.

Ricks eyes were like cat eyes in appearance but larger and darker. His muscles were larger, his face with pure anger. He brought his hand up to his face and opened it. The gray dog stared in amazement.

A pipe rose behind him and levitated behind Rick. Rick walked towards him. The pipe suddenly came to life as it swung at bone breaking speeds through the air.

"You first" he said through his gritted teeth, pointing at the gray dog. The pipe swung at the dog and hit him many times in the ribs.

Then the pipe flew like a silver arrow at the dog, piercing his heart and sticking him into the concrete wall behind him.

The brown dog then threw Krystal at Rick. He caught her and laid her down gently in the floor. The dog then ran at him with a pipe and hit him in the face.

Rick just stood up and rose into the air. At that moment, in came the bulldog. "What the hell is going on here?!”

He then saw Rick and the dead dog. He tried to turn and run when the door closed on him. He stared in horror as Rick started to glow in white light that filled the room. “Please don't kill me!" cried the dog.

"He made me do it! Please don't!" he continued. The bulldog pounded on the door trying to get out, yelling for help. Rick held out his hand to Krystal, and then Krystal rose above with him.

She still unconscious. Rick then put his arms in front of him like a barrier. He then yelled as he released all the energy he had. The whole city lit up as the fight arena was destroyed.

People had evacuated the arena when Rick started the alarms by accident due to the alarms sensing the fire and smoke inside the locker room.. This alarm contacted the Cornerian Defense and Special Weapons and Reconnaissance Squad.

As the arena exploded, a white figure emerged from the rubble. Holding something in its arms. Rick then felt weak and fell to the ground. Landing on a piece of concrete grid wire, piercing him in the arm.

He yelled in pain as he pulled it out of his arm. He had to get Krystal way from the concrete mess and fires around the site. The rain started to fall heavily and rapidly.

So he had to put her on his shoulder and walked as fast as he could into an alley to avoid detection. As he walked away, ambulances and police flooded the streets. Looking for someone who resembled the fox in the CD Security systems.

He then noticed that he was being followed by the same orange fox that he had seen earlier. They ran at him with blasters up. "Put her down!" yelled the orange fox.

Rick was still blocks away from them so he put her down and ran away from the group, holding his bleeding arm as he ran through the cold rain.

He ran down many dark alleys and backstreets. Loosing sight of his pursuers. He was wet, cold, and every part of him in pain.

He then laid in a cardboard box that provided some protection from the cold rain. He then took the time to look back at what just had happened. "How did I do that?" he wondered, holding his arm.

He took his shirt off and ripped it in a long strip. He then tied it around his bleeding arm. He gritted his teeth as he tightened the shirt around the wound.

He breathed hard and every breath a painful one. He then closed his eyes. He saw the blue vixen in his mind. After what he had been through that night, he smiled and hoped he would see her again.

He then fell sleep for the worst night of his life. He slept in pain, without a shirt in the cold raining night.

Bleeding out of his arm, and in intense pain. Alone, as he always had been, cold, as he always too had been, happy, something he never had been in a long time.

Help
Rick awoke to the sounds of the city. He was cold.

People crowded to see the message boards in the town central.

He found himself looking at the crowds of people staring at the giant lit screened that filled the sides of buildings in the city square. He then decided to move on.

He rub the back of his head then examined his arm. It was swollen and bleeding slowly. His entire left side from his body was covered in blood.

His fur looking crimson with silver blotches on it. He felt like he didn't have anything to go for, or hide from so he walked out of the alley and headed for the square.

As he arrived, many looked at him in disgust, others with sorrow. He didn't care. As he walked with the people, he noticed they kept their distance from him.

As if he was going to kill someone. He then looked at something that caught his eye, a wanted ad in one of the screens above the city square.

His face was in the ad. "That’s just wonderful" he thought. He saw a small collie pup come up to him and say hi. He never had someone share such kindness with him.

He looked at the pup and said "Hello? Where's your mommy? You shouldn't run off without her you know."

"Hey mister, here take this" he said reaching out with his small hand, giving him a small necklace in the shape of an eagle with the words UPA inscribed inside.

Rick took the small gift he offered. Rick examined the small necklace. It was pure, yellow, Lylatian gold. So rare that it was made from the dust of stars that went into super novae and exploded.

A regular size nova would generate only a pin head size amount of Lylatian gold. This being this large must have belonged to someone wealthy beyond reason.

When Rick looked up, the small pup had disappeared. He looked around, near him but didn't find a trace of him. Like he disappeared in to thin air.

Rick took the gift and put it on. It fit perfectly. As he continued to walk down the streets, he suddenly saw three cruisers from Cornerian Defense pull out of a sharp corner heading right for him.

He then just casualy started to walk the way he came. He instinctively started to run into the crowds as they suddenly yelled at him to stop.

Suddenly more blue and white cruisers then stopped infront of him, and out stepped 3 armed police units. They all had a silver uniform on that looked like a jump suit.

He started to run at full speed, his arm burning in pain. He ran into a mall, being followed by the police units. He ran into a clothing store and people started screaming and yelling in fear.

He ran out of the store instead. As he ran down a flight of stairs, the units started to fire tranquilizers at him. Red feather-tailed darts that whistled in the air.

Each one missing him by millimeters. He ran down another flight of stairs, he was shot in the leg. He felt the dart land with a small thud. He quickly pulled it out and continued to run. As he ran around a corner, he tackled by a unit in civilian clothes.

The hit was dead on. His arm throbbed in intense pain from the hit. The officer then flipped over Rick and applied the strap handcuffs.

He pulled Rick up but his legs wouldn't move. His eyes drooped; he never felt that tired before. He began to fall. As he fell he closed his eyes and was overwhelmed. By the trank and fell into a deep sleep.

Blue Freedom
Rick awoke inside a small white cell, which he presumed to be a jail cell. He looked around the small white room with only a stainless steel toilet and a small window the guards saw throught.

He was dressed in white. A white undershirt with a white jacket that had belts instead of zippers. Black jeans that were pitch black and a hook button.

He then wondered how he got there and recalled the chase through the city's square. His arm had been bandaged with a gauze wrap that was tightly held by a pressure pin.

The room was brightly light by two bar lights from the ceiling. The small bed where he laid had been recently installed due to the measurements on the walls in pencil.

"Lucky me" he thought. His cell door suddenly opened. In stepped a police officer in his ironed uniform. Rick didn't fell threatened so he just looked at him and ignore him.

"It's about time you woke up Rick" he said in a pleased voice. "Whatever" he said glumly. The officer then took off his riot helmet to reveal a brown German Sheppard.

"You don't remember me!?" he said. "I've never met you" answered Rick. Still Rick had a feeling in the back of his mind that told him to look closer.

"You don't remember your best friend?" he said smiling. "Even after all these years, you still have such a short memory span don't you Rick?" he said laughing.

Rick had a flashback in his mind. He remembered him, Trent. Rick stood up and walked up to Trent and both hugged after so long.

"It’s been 15 years" he said. "Sorry I've had so many problems" answered Rick. "Yeah I notice. You killed three people yesterday" he said.

Rick stood back. "That was an accident" he said. "Accident?" questioned Trent. "They attacked me first" said Rick.

"That doesn't matter now Rick. You are in major trouble. Unless someone can testify that it was in self defense" he said looking at the door.

"Well, I’m screwed. There's no one that can....." Rick then cut off when he remembered the blue vixen that helped him. "Unless.....no there's no way I can find her" thought Rick.

"Trent, bring the captive Rick Daygger from his holding cell" ordered the radio Trent had in his shoulder. "Daygger?" asked Rick. "Yeah that's your last name. What? You forgot that also?" asked Trent.

Rick then covered up the question. "Yeah it's just that is sounds strange to me". "Whatever man, let's go" he said to Rick.

"Daygger! That's my last name! I have a last name!" thought Rick happily in his mind, as he smiled. "What are you smiling about?" asked Trent.

"Oh nothing in particular" responded Rick. Trent led Rick through the jail were he was taken to. He then walked from the office and was handed a blue paper.

"What’s this" asked Rick holding up the paper to Trent. "It’s your release papers" answered the clerk. "I'm being released?" asked Rick confused.

"Yeah, a young woman came here and paid the fines and vouched for you, you’re free. Don't come back again." said the clerk once more smiling.

"Guess it's your lucky day Rick" said Trent. "She waiting for you in the front" she said pointing out to the glass doors. "What?" Rick asked. "Yeah she told me to tell you to meet her in the front" she responded getting back to work.

"Well Rick, like she said, don't come back in here, arrested I mean. It's been good to see you my friend. Come back and visit some time" said Rick leaving on a call he had received.

"Thanks Trent!" yelled Rick at Trent as he headed to the exit down the many halls of the jail complex.

"Here are your things" said the clerk handing him a large paper bag that held his necklace, his jacket from the locker room, and his army pants. "How did you find these" he asked.

"Our CSI has very good people working day and night" she answered. "Anyways thanks" said Rick and then headed for the glass doors.

Rick was greeted by warm sun and chirping birds. He pulled the necklace from the bag and quickly put it on. It appeared to shimmer in the warm sun. He saw many people on their daily commutes and activities.

He looked around for the blue vixen that had helped him in his encounter last night but was nowhere to be seen. He walked into the street but didn't see anything.

He decided to leave after minutes of looking for something he didn't see. He walked down the crowded streets where he had been walking the day he arrived in the planet days before, not afraid of what might come his way.

He walked down the market streets and smelled all of the many varieties of foods and other goods to eat. But he didn't have any money or any other way of paying for the food.

His stomach growled, all he could do was just stare. He saw an empty bench near a trash can. He walked over to the bench and sat under the large shadow the large tree cast over him.

His stomach began to growl even more. He hadn't eaten after three days. The first day he got to Martheus he used the last of his money paying the shuttle ride from Qritarious.

The second day he found a fight club. Third day, he was out of jail. Hungry. The other people walked by without even giving him a single glance at.

"They have no idea what I've been throught" thought Rick as he looked at people walk by.

"They don't know pain or the fact that they don't value their life" thought Rick. "it would be good to have a friend to talk to once in a while" he thought, resting his head on his hands.

"You can talk to me if you'd like" answered a voice in his head. "Oh that's just great. Now I’m going insane! I'm hearing voices in my head that answer my questions!" he thought sighing.

"You’re not going crazy Rick." said the voice, which seemed familiar. "The hunger is finally getting to me" he thought.

"Turn around" said the voice. "That’s even better! Now they're telling me what to do!" he thought laughing at the idea. "No really turn around" said the voice again.

"Whatever" he said to the voice. Ignoring its command. He looked up and continued to stare at the passing hover cars. He then felt someone tap on his shoulder. He stoodup and looked back to see Krystal standing behind him smiling.

More Than a Stranger
"Hi" she then said. Rick just stared at her blankly. "Are you ok?" she then asked. "oh uhh I'm fine" said Rick standing up.

”I knew I'd find you here." she said smiling. "Was it you that go me out?" Rick asked. "Yes" she said happily.

"How did you do that?" he asked.” I know people, and besides, everyone here respects a member of Starfox." she said walking around the bench.

She then sat down next to me. "Sit" she said. Rick sat and said "whose Starfox?". "First things first, what's your name?" she said. "Oh my names Rick, Rick Daygger" he answered.

He felt good to be finally someone with a last name. "My names Krystal" she said, extending her hand towards him. He shook her hand and for the first time looked at her in the eyes from such a close distance.

He looked and she looked at him. She then looked away, blushing. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't stare" said Rick looking away, he too was blushing.

He hoped she wouldn't notice it, but she did. "The answer to your question is, we are a team of pilots for hire. We roam the galaxy in search of missions to do. We usually take missions from Cornerian Defense." she said.

"Mercenaries?" he asked. "yeah, you could say that" she said smiling.

He looked at her uniform, a pair of shorts that were gray denim, with a short tan shirt and a dark gray cut jacket.

She also wore some boots that showed part of her calves. The edges yellow in color. She had a small device on her left wrist that resembled a yellow screen communicator; she had on a gold neck hugging necklace.

"So you hungry?" she asked after a few minutes of silence. "Yes, but I'm sorry to say I'm broke" he said giving a nervous laugh.

"No problem" she said smiling at him. "Follow me" she said extending her hand to Rick. He took her hand and followed her.

He felt for the second time her soft hand. He was too lost in his thoughts to realize where he was at.

They both stood up and walked to a food stand and ordered. They sat in a small picnic table near the food stand and waited.

"Why did you help me?" Rick finally asked her. He looked at her with a serious look. "Why did you help me the night of the fight?" she asked him with the same look.

"I'm sorry it's just that when people help me, they usually want something in return from me. What do you want?" he asked her.

"I would like to get to know you better" she said smiling. Rick could see she was blushing. "Why?" Rick asked. "Because...." she then got up and walked over the food stand and paid for the food.”Here you go, enjoy" she said putting the food on the table.

Rick was hungry so he gladly took the food and began to eat. "My friends are going to be here soon" she said pushing some if the buttons on her wrist device.

"What!" said Rick chocking on his food. He coughed a few times then looked at Krystal. "You mean the guys who were running with guns at me yesterday!" he continued.

"Don’t worry. I explained all to my friends, they know you saved me from the explosion" she said. "I also would like to thank you for getting me out of the hands of those creeps. I can still feel his hands on my chest" she said looking at him.

"How did you know that? You were knocked out during that time...." asked Rick confused.

"I'm a telepath, I could feel and hear everything around me even thought I was unconscious" she said. "So that voice......it was you?" he said remembering the night of his fight.

"Yes I tried to help you but I wasn't any help" she said sadly.

"That’s not true, you were a great help. If it wasn't for you, I would’ve been killed during the fight" he said.

"Really?" she said smiling and blushing lightly. "Yeah!" he said.

"I'm sorry for hitting you yesterday" she then said looking down abviously emberassed. "I'm sorry for yelling at you also, I shouldn't have. If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead" answered Rick.

After he was done eating, a orange fox in a green pants and a black shirt with a gray vest walked up to them.

"So you must be Rick. Am I right?" he said with a happy look. "Yes, who may I ask are you?" asked Rick. "I am Fox McCloud, leader of team Starfox"

Friends are Forever
Rick stood up and shook hands with Fox. "Sorry bout last night bud, we're a close team, so I got worried when I saw you take off with Krystal. I was expecting the worst of things, heh.." he said turning a bit red.

Rick smiled and sat back down. "You know, if it wasn't for you, I don't think I would be here" said Krystal with a small smile.

"No, it was the other way around" said Rick. "So what happened after your fight exactly Rick?" asked Fox.

"Well after the fight, I had some problems with the owner and things when sour, and a fight broke out" said Rick to Fox.

"How did the explosion start?" he asked intentavly. "I honestly don't know" said Rick, looking at Krystal, who knew what happened that night.

Krystal took of her small wrist device and layed it on the table. She then rubbed her wrist, and said it hurt, like if she had hit something hard.

The conversation carried on for a few minutes or so, when Fox's friends, were called to a mission from CD.

"Friendships last forever, but not for me" thought Rick sadly as the new friends he made left. Krystal stopped and turned around and looked at Rick. She just smiled then left after Fox.

Rick looked at the table and saw Krystal's comm device. When he looked up, they were already gone. He stood up and held the back of his neck. "Time to move on, once more" thought Rick.

He grabbed the small device and put it on. "I'll give it back, if I ever see them again" he thought.

He walked throught the city until he reached the city docks. The evening sun lit the rippleing waves. The air smelled like ocean water.

He was still satisfied with what he had eaten the previous night, so he sat on a bench facing the clear blue waters.

Night fell quickly as the sky darkened and turned into brilliant orange and red hues. The temperature of the city started to drop. The streets started to illuminate with neon signs or laser hollogram projection.

Rick watched the last of the sun fade away into darkness behind the horizon. "Well nothing lasts forever" he said standing up and stretching. He headed back towards the city. "I really need a place to crash" he thought.

He when into a hotel and looked at the prices. 50 Lylatians per night. But he had no money. He stepped out infront of the lobby, and then looked at the tall metal building.

He thought about just hopping over to the second floor and opening a room, but he, he couldn't bring it to himself to break into the hotel.

He looked back at the hotel, then began walkin to the park. The park faced the open night sky. The starts were visible here, not like in the city, were the stars couldn't exist.

The park was quiet, no wind, just the chirping of crickets and the sound of the water from the pond. He layed on the cold park bench, and got comfortable.

"The night sky is my only friend I've been able to keep" he thought falling into a deep sleep.

Under the Strangest of Circumstances

The single lamp that lit the park was a few feet from where Rick lay, tired and restless. The night had begun to turn into a cold and wet night. The clouds rumbeled as the rain steadily fell on the parched grass and flowers.

"What is it with the rain that seems to follow me?" asked Rick standing straight up in the bench. He was already soaked in the rains tears so he didn't care and stayed there.

"It rained when I left Qritarious, also when..." he stopped, when he had a small flash of memory pass before his eyes. "Who was I?" he finally manages to ask himself, only to be answered by the thumder rumbleing in the dark sky.

His fur was matted and wet, rain drops rolled off his fur as he looked at the small lamp that neared him. He tried to remember the woman in his memory, but couldn't. It was all blank. He couldn't see her face, only her dark outline.

"Who is she?" he wondered. The rain suddenly changed it's calm downpour into hail. A few hitting him in the head. "Oww! Damn!" he cried as he put his jacket on his head and began to walk back to the darkened city.

His shirt and pants were all drenched. The cold was beginning to bother him. Him being a fox, helped somewhat. As he neared the city, he saw it still had life.

Although the rain still poured lightly and the heavy hail siezed to small pebbles.

People busy and moving around. Some closing for the night, others heading home and to their family and children. Something Rick wished he had.

He passed and old woman who gave him a small smile and said hello. Rick returned the kindness and continued his walk. As he walked past an alley, he saw a group of street punks follow a young woman.

The followed the woman into a dark alley as the rain from the buildings poured over the edges onto the street below.

The woman hadn't seen them as she walked minding her own thoughts. Rick walked throught the alley, and began to walk behind the group. Suddenly the group began to run at the woman, who now had seen them and began to run terrified.

After a few minutes of running, the group then cornered the woman, who he could see was a young orange vixen.

"Hey lady, what are you doing out here all by yourself?" said a small punk in the group. The vixen then said "Leave me alone!". Rick crouched behind a trash can and waited for the chance to act.

The rain now steadied to a gentle shower.

"ooh she's a fiesty one!" someone said. Rick silently watched, and waited. The hail had then stopped. "Lets show this pretty thing a good time" said the small man once more.

Two guys grabbed her hands and began to undress the vixen. The woman struggled to try and free herself, but was over powered by the two men.

"Let me go you son of a bitch!" she yelled desperately. "Is that any way of talking to your secret lover now?" said the man smiling.

Rick looked around where he hid and found a rusted-broken pipe 7ft long and grabbed it. It was unussualy light for it's size.

The men than pulled off the squirming vixen's exposed bra, revealing her chest. The rain ran off her exposed shirtless body. Then the small man moved for her exposed breasts.

"Let the fun begin" he said getting closer to the now drenched in rain water vixen.

"Get away from her!" yelled Rick at the group standing from his hiding stop. All the men stopped and looked at Rick. A tall bulky bull walked up to Rick from the crowd.

The vixen tryed to cover her exposed chest, but couldn't. Her eyes were red from crying, which for some strange reason angered Rick.

"Get lost! This isn't of your consern!" yelled the bull at Rick. Rick moved his head like if not to understand the command.

Rick then suddenly swung the pipe at the bulls head, killing him instantly. "Get away from her. Last time I say it" said Rick furious.

"Show him not to interfer with us" said the short man with an angry look as he eyed his fallen comrade.

All of the men suddenly began yelling as they ran to him. The woman stood up and saw the men sorround Rick.

She pulled her wet blonde hair out of her face, she looked at Rick and then ran away covering her chest with her hands.

Rick then began to mow down the assaultants. Each hit landing with enought force to break bone. The fight lasted only for a few minutes. The rain dancing off his jacket as each hit landed.

Only the small man remained. He crawled up to Rick on his knees, who was breathing heavily. "Please don't hurt me!" said the man.

Rick stared at the man, trying to hold his anger and not kill the man. He was about to let him go, when a "dead guy" rose up and pulled a gun behind Rick.

"Look out!" yelled a voice in the darkness. Rick swung blindly at his opponent. But not fast enought, he hit the man too late. The laser ball entered his arm with a small thud. Rick then swung again and hit the man in the head before he coould fire again.

Rick then dropped the pipe and fell to his knees from the intense pain of the laser shot. The shot went throught his arm and entered his side.

He could feel the hot metal ball on his left-side ribs. The short man then walked up against Rick, he to now had a gun. Rick held his side to try to stop the profuse bleeding.

"Time to die" said the man. He then kicked Rick on the side, which made him enter intense pain. Rick held his arm as he tried to stand up, only to be kicked in the face.

The man then laughed as Rick gasped for air. "Goodbye!" he said finally. As he pushed the trigger, Rick looked at the evil look of the man.

A shot when off. The man fell on one knee and looked at Rick. His twisted smile faded as he then fell forward on the puddles of dirty rainwater.

Rick looked up from the dead body. He found himself looking at the young vixen. She was holding a gun, that was laying on the ground from the first attack.

He knelt down and helped Rick to his feet. He began to fell light-headed and dizzy. "Rick come with me" she then said softly.

"H....how....." he tried to say. "Dont talk, save your strength, and come with me." she told him.

Rick's vision began to become blured. He began to loose his sence of direction and got lost in the mazes of alley ways. He saw that the vixen was still exposed from her chest.

Rick then stopped. "We're almost there, just a bit farther" she said to him. "Here" he said taking off his jacket and giving it to her.

"Ta....ke it" he said. She put it on and zipped it up, covering up her exposed chest, then helped Rick by putting his arm around her again. Rick gave a few more steps before collapsing and blacking out.

Returning Home
Rick woke to find himself wrapped in a blanket with new clothes on. He looked around and focused his vision. "Where the hell am I?" he wondered.

His fur was clean, his arm was wrapped in gauze with a pressure pin on it. He stood up on the bed where he layed. His side burned as if he had done 100 non-pause sit ups.

He pulled the blanket off his chest and examined the strange blue plastic on his chest. "What the hell?" he said. He pulled off the blanket entirely and then stood up slowly. He looked at the windows and saw the soft white light enter.

"God....how long have I been out?...." he walked towards the large round window. The room was large and decorated with pictures.

There was a picture on a frame that caught his attention. He walked over to the picture and examined it. He stared in amazement as the picture revealed the vixen he had helped hugging him.

The woman in the picture hugged Rick as they sat on a bench facing the citys dock. He saw himself in the picture, smiling and giving the vixen a kiss on her cheek. She smiling and hugging him.

"Is that me?" he asked himself. "Who was I?" he asked himself. He looked around and looked at the entire room.

"This is.....my room. When I knew her....but when did I know her? Why am I here?" he thought confused.

He beggan to have a head ache. "Why can't I remember anything?!!" he yelled. The door to the room then opened, in came a strange shaggy brown dog in a lab uniform.

"Rick sit, you can't be moving" he said. "where am I?!" he asked backing away from the old dog.

"your home." he answered. "I've never been here..." he said to the man as he backed into a corner.

"how do you know me?!" asked Rick. "I'm a friend of Cassandra, she called me here to help you after your injuries" he answered.

"that name it sounds familiar...."he thought.

"who is Cassandra?" he asked confused. "she's the woman you fell in love with" he said smiling. "no, I've never met her.." answered Rick.

"don't believe me? Here take a look" he said tossing a small envelope to him.

Rick caught it and eyed the man suspiciously "what's this...?" he asked. "read it." he answered.

Rick opened the envelope and read the letter:

I love you my small piece of heaven. I will never leave you alone, never being alone is impossible to happen to us. I cannot explain my love to you throught words but with my heart. It pains me to see you far away from me. You and I will always be together. If we ever part, you and I will never loose our love for each other. Goodnight my love Cassandra.
Yours truly-Rick Daygger

As Rick finished, he noticed he had broken into tears. He couldn't understand why. His heart felt torn 2 ways. To follow his heart or the loneliness that governed his mind and that he had lived with for years.

"take your time Rick. You've been gone for 3 years. There's much to remember." he said turning around to leave.

"this isn't my home." said Rick. "what?" asked the man confused. "this isn't my home, I've never had one" he answered him coldly.

"I need to leave." Rick said wipeing the tears from his eyes. "you can't, you'll open the wounds we barely closed!" he said concerned.

Rick walked towards the door weakly then turned around and headed back. "please lay down, wait till you can move safely" he said again.

Rick ingnored the man and walked towards a small table near the bed that had a new pair of boots. He slowly but steadily walked to the table and grabbed them.

The man began to raise his voice, "please sit down!." Rick ignored him. Within a matter of minutes he was ready. The man stood blocking the doorway. "move or you will regret it." said Rick. The man nervously moved.

Rick still had thoughts flood his head. "why??!!! Why?!!! Why am I here?!! Who am I? Where did I come from? Who was I?!!"

He walked down a small hallway, that split into two directions. He remembered being there, so he knew to go left. But how did he remember?

He found his way out to the street after a few minutes. As he headed towards the doors, he saw the vixen from the previous night run towards him from a seperate hall. Her long blonde hair flying behind her.

"Rick! Please don't leave me again! You promised me you would never leave!" she yelled.

"Again?" he thought confused. She then caught up to him and put her arms around Rick. His arms at his sides. She then began to cry, "you promised you would never leave me." she said through tears.

He just stood there, feeling confused and a mixture of sadness and other emotions. "I'm sorry, but I....don't know you." he finally said. Then the girl looked at him, tears in her eyes. "how can you have forgotten me? After all that you and I meant for each other?!" she said crying even more.

"please don't cry, I didn't want to hurt you, I'm so sorry" he said. "why can you remember me?" she cried. He sighed then took a deep breath, "I only know my last name, all I used to be or ever was is forgotten, I don't remember anything." he said to her.

"they did this to you didn't they?!!" she then said. "huh?" he responded. "it doesn't matter Rick, I love you, you're my life, I thought I'd lost you forever" she said looking at him in the eyes.

She then pulled Rick to her and gave him a kiss on his lips. Rick was surprised and wide-eyed and yet it felt righ, it lasted for a few seconds, the unexpected kiss was then broken by her.

"do you remember that? That's how I gave you our first kiss." she said holding him even tighter.

Rick then felt his world fall apart around him. All he found of his life in one day, overwhelmed his mind and caused him to slowly blanked out. "Rick!" said Cassandra trying to catch Rick with all her strengh.

She was slightly smaller than Rick and wasn't able to hold him, so Rick collapsed on her. She wouldn't care less. The love of her life returned whether he knew it or not, she embraced him and held him as if was the her last day of her life.

Ricks head rested on her chest while her arms hugged him as best as she could.

Z.A.Y.R. Project

Cassandra and thr brown shaggy dog stood over Rick as he lay asleep on the bed.

"Why can he remember anything?" asked Cassandra. "well, it could be because of the surgery they did on him years ago.

But I can't assure you of that." he answered scratching the back of his fuzzy head.

"can the memory loss be reversed?" she asked. "he could have only temporary memory loss, but it's hard to say." he answered. "do you think bringing him here was a good idea?" she asked.

"Well if he hasn't been active for long, REEA won't be able to track him. REEA places a tracker on all active units and I'm sure Rick here was no exeption." he said looking at Rick.

"Why was Rick placed under the diffrent program than the rest of the REEA units?" Cassandra said, stroking Rick's dark hair.

"Rick was in a worst state of shellshock than the rest. He had to be "removed" from normal practices. And also, he was a perfect test subject for the Z.A.Y.R. Project." he said looking at the floor.

"No! Who placed him in that?! That's the same thing that killed his father and mother!" she suddenly said furious.

"it pains me to say, but his father" he said looking at her. "but he's dead....." she said confused.

"do you remember the explosion in the research labs a few years back?" he asked.

"yes, that's what killed his parents" answered Cassandra.

"it wasn't an explosion in the military base that killed half the Z.A.Y.R. Project staff, it was Rick. The explosion was a mere cover up for the "accident" that Jason created."

Cassandra looked at the old man in confusion as he explained.

"Jason wanted the best weapon against any enemy, the common soldier. Jason's idea was rejected from the board. So he and others worked on a healing chamber, which was bullshit to cover up the Z.A.Y.R. Project." he said looking ashamed.

"jason's ambition was so great, that he used his own flesh and blood to test it. Rick had no idea he would be the test subject.

Since Rick wasnt mentally stable, Jason thought it could fix up his son and be able to successfuly use Z.A.Y.R. 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.

Rick was drugged and the Z.A.Y.R. Project was initiallized.

The Z.A.Y.R. is an enhancement to the body that could increase the victory rate of the military. But the CD knew it was a bad idea, so it was banned throught the board.

That's where Jason took it into his hands." he said. Cassandra listened to every word and was surprised at the fact that Ricks father, Jason could do such a thing to his own son.

"I am the one who put Rick in the Z.A.Y.R. Chamber." he said turning away from Cassandra. "It was you?!! How could you! Rick trusted you!" she then said yelling at him.

"I know! I've fell guilty for what Rick has been throught." he said pulling a chair to sit. Cassandra began fighting the urges to cry.

"please let me tell you the rest of Rick's past, after the Z.A.Y.R. was started, he reacted badly to it, he went on a rampage. Killing half of the 46 staff members. He was a military soldier and his training aided him on his rampage. He was tranqualized and then relocated to Qratarious, where he escaped, we failed to retreave him. How he managed to find you is beyond me. You were told he dissapeared after he was taken to the Z.A.Y.R. Labs.

Your life with Rick was erased to prevent Rick from being traced back to Jason and the Z.A.Y.R. Project. It's like he never existed. He might not ever recover his memory. But it seems he's back to how he was before he was in shellshock. Maybe you and Rick could try to regain what both of you have lost, your love. Now I've been here too long, I must leave, no one must know I was here. Understand?" he them said standing up and leaving with a dark raincoat.

"remember, try to re-do your life with him, he's been throught alot, he needs someone. You are that someone." he then opened the door and stepped into the hall then left.

"goodbye. I'll see ya again sometime." Cassandra said resting her head on Rick's shoulder. "oh Rick, you must remember, you must" she then said crying softly.

Promise
Rick awoke and looked around where he was. He was alone, he was shirtless and his bandages had been replaced with new ones.

He ran his hand down his furred chest stretched, he yawned and then stood up. He felt safe being there in that room, as if it was his. He looked at the mirror that hanged in the wall, he stared at the reflection and said "Who are you?". He looked away and then suddenly as if someone answered his question, he looked back.

He saw a image flash before his eyes. He saw himself sorrounded by men in strange white lab coats. He saw a chamber like machine that he was being taken to, he tried to get away, but couldn't. His legs refused to move.

"Dad! Help me!" cried a voice. It took a minute for Rick to realize that, that voice belonged to him. "Dont worry Rick. It's going to be okay." answered a voice. He couldn't tell who it was. That voice brought comfort for him and made him relax.

As soon as that happened, he saw himself in the machine. Wires, tubes, scanners, a mixture of machines and other devices sorrounding him.

Gas began to fill the chamber and soon Rick could only hear small things around him. He could feel as he was being moved. As he tried to relax himself, he bagan to feel sharp pain across his chest. As if he was being operated on without anasthetics.

He tried to yell but he couldn't force any kind of responce. He could feel as his chest was being opened and his insides were worked on. Every slash sending waves of excrutiating pain throughtout him.

Tears ran down his face as he felt the blade carve his chest for hours.

"Sir, I think he can feel what we are doing...." said a voice. "I don't care, the operation is already a quarter done. We shall finish this and move on." responded the same voice that Rick heard earlier.

"sir, he might die if this keeps up" responded the voice of the other man. "if he dies, throw him out. We can find another test subject" responded the voice again in a harsh voice.

"but sir..." again he pleaded. "Dammit I don't care what happens! Is that understood?" the voice responded angrily.

Minutes later, he heard new voices sorround him. "it's done. Start Z.A.Y.R. If it all goes to plan, his wounds will heal as orginally planned." commanded a voice.

He felt his chest grow hot. He felt massive pulses of electricity rush throught him as his nightmare began.

He saw himself engulfed in bright light, screams coming from every direction. He felt nothing but pure rage. Anger for a particular person he trusted, his father.

His images began to slowly fade away, yet he could still see things unveil to him. The last thing he saw, pained him the most.

Among the concrete rubble lay a woman, a white vixen, with sky blue hair. Her face and fur matted with crimson blood. Rick then regained his sences. He fell to his knees yelling in pain at what he had done.

He had just killed his mother.

"Nooooooo! This can't be happening to me! Mom!" he said as he cried over his dead mother. Tears ran down his face and muzzle as he cried out in pain.

He looked around and saw soldiers pointing guns at him. He couldnt care less at what they did to him. They all fired tranqs into his system and he slowly fell asleep. "Mom, I'm so sorry..." he last said before falling asleep.

"Rick!" said a voice. He awoke from the painful memories and found himself looking at Cassandra. Rick then began to cry, remembering his mothers fate.

"I killed her..." he then said. "you didn't mean to. It was an accident!" she said.

She walked up to Rick and put her arms around him. Rick couldn't bear the pain of what he did. He hugged her back and cried.

He tightened his hug on her then said, "I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for you, I...I love you Cassandra."

"You will always have me Rick, that's a promise". She said.

"and I promise you, I'll never leave you again, ever" he said giving her a kiss.

Both kissed and embraced as they finally had each other once more, never to be separated again.

Hunters
"shit shit shit! He's gonna get kill me.....fuck!" said a yellow dog as he ran throught the crowds of the dark vendor street. The street was packed with many people running about their daily commutes. The air thick in smoke and smog.

"Hmm. This guys not very good at running is he? Well atleast he's lasted longer than my previous target" thought Azriel, a ruthless bounty hunter. He saw the yellow dog flee throught the many alleys of the dark stone paved streets.

He jumped roof top to roof top, trying to get a clear opening on his target. He ran towards a edge then jumped, landing on a ledge. He saw the yellow dog running down the streets right towards him.

"I...I lost him!" thought the tired dog as he slowed to a fast walk instead of a sprint. He looked back to see if he ha lost his prosecutor. No sign of him.

"not very bright is he?" thought Azriel hanging from one hand off the ledge. As the dog walked under th ledge, Azriel readied himself to pounce on his target.

Azriel let go of the ledge and flew throught the air, landing a perfect cut to the dogs arm. The dog screamed as Azriel pulled the small silver dagger from the dogs arm.

The crowd continued to mind their own business as such things happened everyday. It was common seeing such sights as those and where now ignored.

The dog stood up and took off running out of the streets into the sorrounding forest, clutching his wounded arm.

Azriel stood up an began to walk slowly throught the streets. Following the trail of bright red blood.

Within a few minutes the town scene changed into trees and shrubs. "Hendreks! Come on out and I won't kill you! If you don't I'll kill you nice and slow" yelled Azriel into the dark forest. Nothig but moonlight shone throught the trees.

"Fuck you!" yelled the dog from his hiding spot.

"oh comm'on that's not very nice, considering the fact I wasn't going to kill you, ehh either way I get payed" said Azriel in a rather surprised way.

"you're not taking me alive!" responded the dog.

"suit yourself" answered Azriel.

Azriel pulled out a long bladed assault knife and began to walk into the darkness. As he walked, crickets chirped and the trees swayed in the wind.

Signaling an oncoming storm. 10 minutes later, it began to pour. Azriel walked behind a large boulder and was blinded by thrown mud at his eyes.

"god damn!" he thought. He was suddenly hit with a branch of some sort and fell down a small hill. His clothes where all muddy and soiled.

He had to use his hearing in order to prevent from getting killed. He could hear the heavy rainfall and the swing trees.

He then heard foot steps running throught the puddles and swung blindly and hit something. He had dug his dagger into the left arm of the dog. He screamed in pain as he walked away. He decided he had enought and resorted to run.

Azriel wipped his eyes with rain water and regained his vision. His eyes burned but he wasn't blind anymore. "Oh fuck this...." he said pulling out a long barrel out of his backpack. He then took out a large assault rifle body and began to assemble it as he ran throught the rain.

The assault rifle was rather heavy and bulky so he ran slower than the dog

The dog had run into a clearing and had an advantage of over 200 meters. Azriel then layed on his stomach and steadied the barrel as he operated his night scope.

Azriel was going to have a hard time taking his shot throught the rain and fast wind.

As he was about to press the trigger, his intercom on his wrist lit up.

"Damn! Who is it?!" he said opening his intercom on his earpiece.

"Youre not a very easy fox to find Mr. Azriel." said a voice in his earpiece.

Azriel took aim as he talked to the intercom.

"Yeah, so I've been told. What do you want?" said Azriel. "How would you like to go on a "mission" for us?" said the voice.

"not intrested, I don't do missions. I only do targets by my usuall clients" answered Azriel as he neared his finishing touches on the aim.

The yellow dog had more than half a mile of distance into th clearing.

"besides I don't even know you" he said. "my name is Jason. That's I'll I can say. And I understand your usuall clients. But I will pay 5 mil for this "mission"" said the voice in the small screen as it faced the pouring rain.

"5 mil huh?" asked Azriel. "yes" responded the voice. "Hold on" said Azrile. He took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.

The bullet flew out of the barrel and landed on the dogs skull. Killing him instantly.

"now, on business. I'm listening" said Azriel as he brought his wrist up to his face to meet his new client.

"Good, your targets name is Rick Daygger" he said to Azriel.

The Night of Love
"Rick, wake up" said Cassandra at the ball of sheets on the sofa. "Wait, 5 to 50 minutes" answered Rick sleeply. "Come on don't make me drag you out" said Cassandra putting her hands on her hips.

"alright, alright" said Rick shifting on the sofa, putting his back to Cassandra. "you're hardheaded aren't you Rick?" she said with a devilish smile.

She looked at his foot sticking out from under the covers and quickly pulled it until Rick landed on the hard rug floor.

"oww, gees ok I'm up" said Rick standing up from the floor stretching and yawning.

She put her hand out and Rick took it and stood up. He greeted her with a smile. "Whats with the early wakeup call?" asked Rick. "i've got stuff planned for us Rick, just you and me" she said putting her arms around him.

"nothing life threatning?" he asked. "no just a special day between you and me, a date if you wanna call it" said Cassandra.

"a....date?" said Rick surprised. "yes a date" she said giving him a kiss. "umm ok....but can I atleast take a shower? I really need one" answers Rick looking at her eyes.

"ok but you need to hurry" she said letting go of him.
----------------------------------------

"Rick, you ready?" asked Cassandra outside the bathroom door. "Almost!" said Rick stepping out with only his black jeans on. "your chest, it looks swollen." said Cassandra looking at his bare chest.

"yeah fighting in arenas does miracles to the body" he said feeling his abs.

"can I?" she said looking at Rick, turning a bit pinkish. "sure" he answered. Cassandra began to pass her hand over his chest and then looked at him, right in the eyes.

The stare started something in both of them, something only love would bring out. She got closer to Rick, and he closer to her.

They neared each other and then inched closer to each others muzzles. As they where about to kiss, Cassandra said "I...I think we should stop, be...before we....." then they both locked in a deep kiss.

She put her arms around Ricks wet back and gave him a kiss, their tongues joining together, exploring each other. Rick brushed her hair out of her face as he continued to kiss her passionatly.

She then took Ricks hands and placed them lower on her back. Rick knew what to do and followed.

Rick began to walk her slowly back to her bed as they still continued to kiss, like they where never so see each other again.

"Oh Rick, I've waited for this moment for so long" said Cassandra hugging him as tight as she could.

"shh. Don't let this moment pass, let's saver it as it was our last Cassy" answered Rick with the sweetest voice that made Cassandra feel love like she never had. Making her heart flutter with thrill and love.

Rick began to run his hand throught her hair and rub her back as he kissed her.

As Cassandra reached for his belt buckle, a knock on the door brought them back to their sences and then realized what they where doing. Both turning a bit red.

"Oh god what was I doing.......?!!" said Rick to himself. Cassandra stepped away from Rick surprised by another knock followed by a voice.

"Cassandra are you ready or not, I called half and hour ago!" said the voice from the other side of the door.

"I'm so sorry Rick, I shouldn't have" she said looking down. "no it's my fault, I shouldn't have taken advantage, I'm sorry" said Rick looking down as Cassandra put her arms on his face.

"it's ok Rick, it doesn't matter. Only you and me matter right now" she said putting her head on his chest as she hugged him.

"so whose your friend?" he asked putting his hand around her back.

"oh I forgot. Violet called. She's a longtime friend. She's going with us on our date" she said smiling. Rick then let go of her as she headed towards the door in the livingroom.

"hold up I'm coming" she said as she fixed her shirt and hair as Rick had sorta messed them up in their passionate encounter.

"hurry up will ya? I wanna meet your new friend!" answered voice on the other side.

Cassandra opened the door and in stepped a red vixen with bright copper colored hair. She looked at Rick once and suddenly yelled "Rick?!! You're back!" she then ran at him and put her arms around him.

Rick just stared at Cassandra as Violet hugged him.

He mouthed the words "look I'm not touching her!" at her. She just laughed and crossed her arms infront of her chest.

"uhh nice to see you.....uhh again...." he said stepping away from her, as she had let go of him.

"why didn't you just tell me Rick was back, Cassandra?!" she said looking at her. She fixed her denim jacket and put threw her purse on the round oak table near the livingroom.

"I wanted it to be a surprise!" she said giving a small smile and laught. "well, I'm surprised alright." answered Violet.

"I hadn't see in you in three years! Where've you been?" said Violet looking at Rick.

"I uhh I've been around" answered Rick, acting a bit sheepish. (yes it's a pun)

"ok are you guys ready?" she them asked Rick and Cassandra. "we where...umm getting ready. You caught us off guard thought" said Cassandra giving a small smile and look at Rick, who was turning a bit red.

"ok hurry up, I'll be in my car then." she said grbbing her purse and giving Cassandra a hug as she headed out the door.

"I guess we'll have to finish some other time Ricky" said Cassandra smiling walking into the master bedroom.

"guess so" he thought with a smile.

-------------afternoon-----------------

"ok well thanks for the awsome day guys, I appriciate it. I'm off to my apartmet and crashing on my bed" said Violet with a wave then left Rick and Cassandra infront of the apartments that faced the large city park.

The aparments where more like large condos. White balcony trimming in all the floors above ground.

The complex was 30 stories high and Cassandra owener the 30th floor penthouse, which over looked the park and the setting sun in the horizon.

"oh man I need another shower" said Rick brushing his fur, trying to get the sand and dried mud out of his silver fur.

"I warned you not to throw sand at me" said Cassandra jumping on Ricks back.

"well I didn't exactly think you'd throw me in the parks pond" said Rick walking slowly with Cassandra on his back to the buildings twin blue glass doors.

"well....I DID warn you" said Cassandra with a small laught then she lowered her muzzle onto Rick and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"well....I didn't take it siriously apperantly" answered Rick arriving at the entrance. The deep blue mosaic doors opened with a swish and Rick walked in with his light load.

"you should lay off the cakes Cassy" said Rick joking.

"ok...fine how bout I close my muzzle and don't talk to you anymore?" she said with a hurt expression. She then jumped off and walked past Rick.

"aww come on it was just a joke!" he said apologizing. She just ignored him and continued.

"oh comeon please? I was just kidding!" he said running up to her.

"damn! I made her mad...." Rick thought.

"you sure did" answered a voice that sounded feminine.

"huh?" answered Rick turning around to see the origin of the voice.

"hey Rick! It's good to see you!" said Krystal smiling.

"hey it's good to see you too! It's been a while. What you are you doing here?" said Rick facing her.

"well as you can see, I'm here on a supply run. I'm here to get the teams needs for the next few months" she answered holding up a list of to-buy-items.

"Rick! You coming?" called Cassandra from the elevator. "oh I'll be there soon! I promise!" he called out to her.

"ok, take your time. I'll see ya soon" she said closing the door to the elevator.

"so, whose you're friend?" she asked. "well it's a long story, she's my....my girlfriend" he said looking at her, holding the back of his neck.

"your...your girlfriend.......?" she said with a stunned look on her face.

"yeah, hey are you ok? You look kinda bad" said Rick.

"oh no I'm fine. Well gees look at the time! I have to go back the team shopping. We leave soon" she said turning around to leave.

"hold up wait! Here take this" he said handing her the com device she left the first time they met.

"keep it. Who knows someday we can talk on it no matter how far I am." she said with a small yet still forced smile.

"ok. I will. It was good to see you again Krystal. I hope we meet up some other time again" he said putting back on the com.

As he strapped it on, Krystal gave him a hug that caught him by surprise. "I'll miss ya Rick, take care" she said into his ear. With an almost crying sence.

Rick returned the hug and said "I'll miss you too, take care Krystal"

With that Krystal turned around and didn't face Rick. She walked out of the building with tears starting to build.

"someone else I've fallen for and I've lost" she said crying as she sat on the seat of the hover car.

"why do I easily fall love?" she asked her self. She felt Ricks love for Cassandra and knew that he wasn't lying what he felt for her.

"I wish I knew how love truly felt like" she said throught tears.

There was then a sudden knock on krystal's window. It was Rick. She wipped her tears from her eyes and opened the window. "hey I forgot to....hey are you ok?" he asked.

"oh...me I'm fine" she said with a small tear running down her eye. She quickly dried it with her hand.

"no, you're not ok. Tell me, I can help you" he said with a worried tone.

Krystal felt a strang thing when Rick said that. Her telepath sences knew that he worried and cared for her.

He opened the door to her car and sat on the passengers side. "hey I'm here to help. You helped me, now I want to return the favor. Please tell me" he said with a calm soothing voice.

She turned to him and put her arms around him and began to cry. Rick put his arms around her as he ran his hand throught her short blue hair.

She cried and told him that she always wanted someone to love. Someone to care for her as much as he did. But sadly everyone never turned out that way.

She told him eveything she had felt for Fox and for him aswell. She told him she had lost another person she could have had loved.

"you can always call for me, I'll be there for you, but as for love. I can't I have much with Cassandra. You and I just aren't meant to be" he said holding her.

"I know, thanks for making me feel better" she said smiling.

"that's what I want to hear! If you need me, I'll be there, I promise" he said. She knew with her telepathy, that he meant it with his heart.

30 minutes last and then they parted, with a whole new look and life. Krystal felt more than ever, knowing there was someone there when she needed help. Someone she could trust.

They waved and bid farewell. As he headed to the doors, he looked back and saw krystal leave with a smile on her face. He was happy he helped such a close friend as her.

Rick then ran back to the elevator and awaited for the next available one.

The elevator gave a small ping as it reached the lobby floor. He stepped in the small iron box. The floor buttons were torquoise in color, and the face of the floor selection, was black marked marble.

"hmm. What's with all the blue...? A bit depressing, if you ask me" he though as the elevator reached it's destination.

He then stepped out and headed down the blue and yellow striped carpet. The dark alley like feeling crept over his as he arrived and entered the room.

"for a fancy place like this, looks a bit gloomy" he thought laughphing at his thought. He was relieved to be inside her room as he shut out the darkness of the hallway behind him.

She was in a deep sleep in her bed, wrapped up in her small jacket she had taken on the date.

He slowly pried it off and gently covered her under the large soft blanket. He looked at the lightswitch and turned it off.

"Shower time!" he thought happily and anxious to get clean. He grabbed a white towel from the rack and a shampoo bottle Cassandra had bought him that day from a salon she and he visited, (Cassandra felt like Rick needed a haircut...)

"Good for your hair!" read the bottle. "well 20 ly (lylatians which is money duh!) for this...it better be worth it" he thought heading for the shower.

Inside the room was dark. Flipping the light switch gave small amount of light from blue LEDs which wasn't much.

The tub was made from completely dark navy blue marble. Yellow pin stripes ran aroun the borders in intricate designs.

"ha! I have an idea!" he said to himself. He when back to the living room and "borrowed" a small table lamp and placed it on a electricity pad. The electricity pad was like an outlet to anything.

If it ran on electricity, place it on and I'll work (maybe).

The plastic covering on the pad was a durable shock obsorbing protective case. While the center was clear to touch with the object that needed power.

The light from the lamp greatly light the room and was perfect for Rick to appriciate his deserved bath.

The bathrooms mirror quickly fogged up as Rick stepped into the hot running water. "oh shit! Too hot!!" he said reaching for the cold water knob.

---------few minutes later-------------

He stepped out, refreshed and smelling like mens clogne. He dried off his white furred chest and his gray hair. His white fur began from underneath his neck.

Right above a black V shaped mark on his neck and both of his shoulders.

He tied the towel around his waist and headed to the living room for his clothes. His fur was still a bit wet and matted as he stepped into the dark room.

He couldn't see squat due to his eyes not adjusting. He grabbed a white muscle shirt and some blue shorts.

Painfully found his way back after bumping his toe against something, and the wind breeze cold on his wet back chilled him.

He closed the door and steam began to engulf him, returning the warmth back to his body. He took the towel off and put on the muscle shirt and blue boxers followed by the shorts.

He somewhat combed his hair by shacking his head and called it perfect (same as me...) and walked out again faced by darkness and the bit wet breeze.

He hanged his towel and put away his clothes in a white clothes bin near the door so room service could take it away and be cleaned.

As he places it in, it was taken, which surprised him. "full cycle service?" he wondered. Time in the Pronteus system was measured in cycles, which resemble earth time. But a bit longer.

He looked towards the balcony and saw the long white curtains fluttering in the wind. He walked towards them and felt them brush against him.

He opened a way with his hand and stepped outside. The city was alive and active. The night sky clear and star filled. Like bright shining diamonds.

The Sanvah moon brightly glowed filling the city with it's silvery aura. He stepped closer to the balcony and crossed his arms while leaning against it, and began to reflect on the events since he arrived to the Martheus, the city.

"I may be the luckiest guy in the galaxy, to return to someone who cares about me, after three years of wondering of what I've done and who I
was" he thought as he stared at the park, which was dark and had many lamps that illuminated the paths for midnight walks.

"1:39 am....hmm better get some sleep" he thought yawning and stretching.

He headed towards his spot in the sofa, he knew he could sleep in the bed with Cassandra but, he felt like he would be intruding her comfort zone. She told him he could sleep with her, but he chose the soda.

He looked around for a pair of rose print blankets Cassandra has given to him. He found them tucked away in a plastic bin near the TV.

He fell on the sofa and got comfty. Soon he was sound asleep. Somewhere after half and hour later, he began to hear noices.

He didn't pay much attention at first until he heard soft crying. He knew it was Cassandra. He got up and headed to her room. She was sitting up in her bed, crying.

"hey, are you ok?" asked Rick sitting on the edge of the bed. "I..I had a nightmare" she said throught her tears.

"it's only a nightmare, it won't come true" he said brushing her hair out of her face and drying a tear.

"it could come true" she said. "that's why I'm afraid" she said. "would you tell me what it is?" asked Rick holding her hand softly.

"it's been bothering me since you got here" she then said. "oh...well if you want me to leave, I can" he said, his feelings a bit hurt.

"No! That's my nightmare. I don't want you to leave. I love you too much to loose you again" she said bringing Rick closer to her and placing her arms around him as she continued to cry.

"I won't leave. I promise that I will never leave you, I will protect you with my life" he said stroking her back and running his hand throught her soft hair.

"I love you Rick" she said. "I love you too Cassandra, more than anyone ever has" he said. She then faced him, her eyes still teary. "there's no need to cry anymore" he said brushing away her tears.

"I know, now that you're here I can be happy forever" she said. She then looked at his silver blue eyes. She got closer and kissed him. He kissed her back.

Both kissing while their hands explored each other back. Cassandra then pulled rick even closer to her. "I wish this never ends" she said looking at him.

"let's wish, everythings possible" he answered. Cassandra then again continued to kiss Rick as they both kissed, tounges joining once again. Everything felt right, no more what ifs.

They kissed for a while and then Cassandra began to run her hands under Ricks muscle shirt and throught his silver fur.

She then began to raise it till Rick finally took it off. She felt his hard muscles on his chest as they both rolled on the bed, switching spots.

They continued to kiss like animals more now that they felt more secure and safe within their own love.

Rick began to unbutton her shirt and then slowly pulled it away from her. They then fell on the bed oncemore. Cassandra then started to pull away Ricks shorts till he only had his boxer on.

Cassandra took off her skin tight jeans and then jumped on Ricks chest, pinning him down. Rick looked her and then brought her down and kissed her, his tounge entering her mouth and exploring her. She kissed him and her tounge met Ricks.

Rick ran his arms around her back and began to undo her bra. He then unclipped it and removed it, revealing her breasts. They where white as her chest and down to her bellybutton.

He began to kiss her neck and slowly whent lower till he reached her breasts. They where hard as she was aroused.

Cassadra moaned in pleasure as Rick began to slowly lick and pinch her hard nipples. He massaged one as he put his mouth on the other. He looked at Cassandra and then kissed her. She then flipped Rick over. So Rick was now ontop of her.

She looked at him and told him to lean up against the head board. Rick obeyed her command. She then kissed Rick on his neck and slowly moved down till she reached what she wanted.

She pulled away his boxer and then she grabbed his growing member. "you don't have to" Rick said to her. "it's our first time, let's make it our best" she said.

She licked the tip of his member and made Rick arch again, waves of plasure moved throught him as Cassandra began to suck on his member.

He arched his back as she continued to move up and down on his erect member. "Ima, I'm going.....to cum if you keep it up" he told her.

"let it go, it's okay Rick" she said taking his throbing member out of her muzzle. She then resumed her slowly bobbing motion of up and down as he neared his climax.

Rick then had enought and came inside of her mouth, semen filling her mouth. She never had done that, but she knew what to do. She swallows every single rope of cum that Rick had to give her.

She then licked her mouth and then Rick said, "now I'll retun the favor". He got up and then moved Cassandra to the headboard and began kissing once more.

Each kiss deeper and more passionate. They hugged and kissed at the same time. "I love you Rick" she said. "I love you more my Cassy" he said.

He began to kiss her neck as his hand slowly began to touch her sex. Rubbing her clitoris, her fur around her love organ had become wet and matted, marking her arousal.

He kissed and lightly sucked her breast more as he drove slowly 2 of his fingers and in an out of her wet organ repeatedly.

She moaned even louder, he knew that made her feel good and then he bit her breast increasing her pleasure and moans.

He began to lick in a line from her chest down to her wet spot. She squirmed as Rick neared her point. Rick then spread her legs open and began to lick her love organs lips followed by her clitoris.

That made her moan louder than she had. "please don't stop" she said throught moans of pleasure. Rick began to go deeper into her with his tounge as she moaned and told him she loved him.

He soon was hard and ready for her again. After she had reached her climax, Rick moved to her and kissed her, his member touching her sex's lips.

She put her arms around him and said "it's okay, I want it". "if you want me to stop, just tell me. I don't want to hurt you. It's the last things I want to do. Ok?" he told her.

"ok, but now I want it" she said smiling and giving Rick a nip on his neck.

Rick then grabbed his erect member and slowly began to move it inside of her. She suddenly moaned in pain, which scared Rick and he then pulled it out of her.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have! Oh god..." he thought scared.

"Rick! It's okay I'm fine, it hurt a little bit, it's because...I'm a virgin" she said looking away from Rick ashamed.

"would you want to stop?" he asked. "no it's our first night together, let's keep going" she said bringing him down on her. "are you sure?" he asked. "yes" she answered with a kiss, her tounge entering his mouth.

"it'll be an honor for me to be your first Cassandra" Rick said kissing her again.

Rick then grabbed his still hard member and began to put it in her once more. He had to break the barrier if her virginity which caused her to moan in pain, but she said she'd be fine.

Rick began to enter her totally now, in and out of her sex. Cassandra moaned in pleasure than in pain as he entered her.

Cassandra then grabbed Ricks shoulder and flipped him, she now on him. She began to go up and down on him. Rick felt pleasure he never had before. He then brought her down to him and kissed her and grabbed her breast and kissed them.

He then began to move up and down as Cassandra still was in him, she moaned and moaned as he continued to pump his member into her.

She loved every single moment of it all. But she knew she would climax soon. She then got off Rick and then told him she'd want it in a diffrent way.

She got on all fours and Rick positioned himself behind her and moved her tail out of the way and entered her even deeper than before.

He grabbed her rump as leverage as he continued to make love to her. She every couple of moans said she wanted it harder and faster, so Rick sped up.

He was close to his limit and warned her "I don't know how long I can keep it up" he said panting and covered in sweat.

"I'm close also Rick, keep going" she said. Rick then got an idea, he took member and pulled it out of her. He then put Cassandra on her back and put her legs on his shoulders.

Cassandra felt his member stoke all the right places and made her pleasure double. The new position made Rick control his urges to cum and keep going.

He began to breath harder than he ever had in a long time. Cassandra moaned underneath him as he entered her woman hood deep inside her.

He then had enought, Cassandra took her legs off his shoulder and put him around his waist, she clenched her sex tighter as she climaxed, and making Ricks member even more pressure and making his climax even bigger than before.

She climaxes first, covering his member in her cum. She put her arms around him and dug them into his back as she climaxed, making 2 sets of scratchmarks on his back. Rick then came also inside off her, jet after jet of cum. He then fell tired next to her after he was done.

She got up, his member still inside of her and layed on his chest. He was breathing hard and so was she. She grabbed the blankets and pulled them over each other.

Rick opened his eyes and met hers, "I'm sorry for what I said earlier" followed by a kiss to her lips.

"it's ok, I was just kidding when I said I wasn't going to talk to you" she said, resting her head on his chest, her hair running down Rick's chest.

"I love you Cassy" he told her, hugging her with his arms.

"I love you too Ricky" she said, closing her eyes and falling asleep on his chest as she hugged Rick tightly not wanting to ever let go of him for aslong as she lived.

Nightmare


© Copyright 2010 Tiburon (tiburon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663264-Broken-Promises