*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663427-short---contriband
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by BBrown
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1663427
Nick's characteristics revealed

Wow, three years on the moon. Time flies so fast, it seems like we arrived only a few months ago. Such a surreal adventure as well. To imagine that the earth is going through all of the horrendous changes. Global warming has turned out to be a much bigger problem than anyone was willing to admit and the speed at which it snuck, no, jumped out and devistated us. Well, its what we get and what we deserve. we missmangaed our resources and made a mess out of our home. Hopefully we can get it right here. After all, the colony is a perfectly balanced, self contained system. Anything we do to upset that balance and, WHAM, it's all done for us. Not in intervals like back on Earth. Maybe this is our opportunity to redeem ourselves and show god, the universal force, our ancestors, our future children and grandchildren, even ourselves, whoever will hold us accountable, that it is possbile for us to be responsible with our enviornment.

"Nick, how could you possibly relax if, when your not working, your lost in that mind of yours?", Alex said. "Yeah I know, So much going on and trying to figure out where we are going with all of this", replied Nick. " what does it all mean, how will it change our evolution in the future.". "If I don't think about all of these things, then who will", Nick said in his signature sarcasm. Laughing, Alex quipped back, " Well, you save us super hero!". "Besides, if you don't take a break and keep scarffing down those little pink pills, how are you gonna help us anyway?  If your not going to watch the TV, you mind if I change it to World Talent? Wu Lin Cho is going to be up, and man, when that guy sings, I get the goose bumps, everytime. Who do you thinks gonna win?" "you, think I have time to watch that trash? I think it is all rigged anyway. they know who's gonna win before they even start the season." Nick replied. As Nick picked up his referance material from the coffee table, he slipped Alex a sly hint, " I tell you what, that guy Jack O'carrie, he's the one thats gonna win."."How do you know that, I thought you said you don't watch this trash?", Alex replied playfuly. " I don't, its a waste of time. maybe you should get back to work and read it on the internet like I did.", Nick said with a wink in Alex's direction."."God dammit Nick, I've been watching this for the last 6 weeks and you ruin it, just like that.", Alex kicked out at Nick, a little roughly. "Gotta go, I need to check in on the latest communications with Space One. You never know when those guys are gonna throw some annoying changes our way." Nick replied hastily as he jumped away from the hostile foot.

this is a lot to be responsible for, Nick thought. looking around at the modernly decorated recreation deck of the ARC colony. How can I keep the 45 colonists, from varies countries, all happy, efficient, and productive. well, for start I can get that pool table fixed. I need to talk to
© Copyright 2010 BBrown (brentbrown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663427-short---contriband