*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664061-How-Did-I-Get-Here
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1664061
This is something I hope parents will take seriously, it's becoming an issue
So we have our children and we give them everything we have. Making sure they are happy and deal with their emotions. You think that when they hit their teens that everything you have taught them is enough for them to survive in the world. I mean high school and pressures and knowing who they are when they get there. It isn't so.
There is a train rec heading your way and you don't even know it. Your teen faces things they didn't know existed out there and how they cope.. well that is where things can go so wrong. Are there coping skills for this changed world we now live in? There isn't unless you start helping them now how to cope.

If you have given your child everything and loved them so much you never wanted them to have to cope with anything indifferent. They will crash ! Yes they will. They are happy under your wing but the real world is nothing you can prepare yourself for. My son went for two years with anxiety and depression and it took that long for us to get him to say it and ask for help. How far are you willing to go to save your child? I am going the distance. Sometimes I don't know how I got to this point. I thought I did everything right. I probably did but my son wasn't prepared for what was out there. We are very close thank goodness, but if I were working and not home enough to catch and be on him always, I just don't know where he would be right now. Would he even be here? There was a time within the last two years I don't think he would have been.

To heal you have to except you have a problem. It's hard for a teen to say they are depressed because they don't think you will take it seriously for one. They also put a stigma on getting "help". They think that means drugs to take and counseling, which is very true but it's only the beginning to healing. They have to be assured that these things are only the first steps to the change back to happiness. I am a only a mom and sometimes the world is even too intense for me. I can't imagine being a teen today. My son worries about world issues, will he be successful, is there room in the world for change. Our times are troubled lets face it. If we can make a difference as parents, we owe it to our children. Please talk to your children about worries and concerns they have about themselves. Their happiness goes way beyond the things we buy and the hugs and family moments... outside of that , there is a cruel world. Is your child prepared? I ask myself "How did I get to this point?" Well it's not how I got to this point but, "When did the world get to this point?"
© Copyright 2010 FourSeasons (fourseasons at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664061-How-Did-I-Get-Here