*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664227-Psychosys-Ch-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Mythology · #1664227
A man sees something weird and starts to forget it
this is my first story and i want to hear feedback on it

Driving through the streets, John had been thinking about his past and what to do with his life. He needed some thrills in life, some mystery. The most exciting thing that he does in his everyday life is hang out with friends.

Though sometime they did crazy things, crazy things like going to raves. They were always crazy the raves, always in a warehouse of some kind. The music was not his taste but the women, ooh damn were they fine.

Now, driving home, he thought he saw something weird run across the street. That something looked like a gargoyle on the chapels of old Paris. Stopping so suddenly, Johnson’s seatbelt had snapped to a stop so fast that he had the wind knocked out of him for a few seconds.

Gasping for breath, his vision started to blur, and he started to lose memory of that thing. “But how?” he wondered, trying to keep the gargoyle in his mind. Since it is the technological age, he had a cell phone with him, so he called his friend Maria.

After a few rings, he heard her voice. “Hello?” she said.

“Hey Marie.” John said, “I have something to tell you and it might seem weird.”

“What is it?” she questioned.

“Well, I don’t remember exactly, but I think it was a creature, not a normal animal you would think of.”

“Ok, a creature that looked like what?” she asked, wonderingly.

“Well, the thing is, I don’t remember what it was. But I know I saw it.” He said sheepishly.

“You, my friend, should be committed to a mental house.” She laughed jokingly. “Come here and we’ll start the procedure.”

Maria wasn’t a normal woman, she was a psychic, she could see peoples’ past, present, and future, and everything in between, and everything in between meant memories that the patients couldn’t remember.

Maria usually charged people for her services, but since John was her friend, she let him have her services on the house. After a few minutes, he pulled into her driveway and got out of his car.

Arriving at Maria’s house that late was kind of weird, he usually visited her during the day, so it was a bit unfamiliar territory at night. He knocked on the door, and a few seconds later, she answered the door “What do you want?” she asked in a demanding voice.

“You told me to come, so I came”

Smiling, she said “Welcome to my night estate, where anything can happen, and where every bit of your memories will be remembered."

“Thanks” I said, and walked in the door.

“Alright, which chair do you want? The red one, or the red one?” she asked, already knowing the answer.

“Ummm, is there any difference?” John sarcastically asked.

“Just sit in the chair Johnny.”

“Ok, ok, just replying your sarcasm with my own” John said, smugly, walking towards the living room.

“Just shut up and sit down” Maria said, following him.

"Ok, I will" he said.Sitting down, he closed his eyes and let her enter into his mind. She saw what he had failed to remember after seeing it moments before.

"This is some new shit man, what is that thing?" she asked probing into his mind.

"It looks like an old time gargoyle in 16th century Paris." John said.

"Exactly what I was thinking, but how?"

"I don't know how, but i think something weird is going on."

It's run is more of a staggering walk, but it looked like it could be going faster than it usually did. This thing in particular, looked like a demon, with its horns and bat like wings. But there was something different about this memory about it, it looked at him.
© Copyright 2010 Order of Mystery (nitro245 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664227-Psychosys-Ch-1