*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664743-Infinite
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Chapter · Fantasy · #1664743
1st chapter of Infinite, called Memories. Nella's last memories of being with her sister.
Cold shivers ran through Nella's body as she stepped into the icy water. She dipped her head under, now completely submerged. Her white-blonde short hair soaked up the water, as she rose once again to the surface. It was refreshing, relaxing; a break from the real world.



"Nella." She whipped her head around, and her wet hair slapped her in the face. There stood Cynthia, or Thia, as she called her, her sister, a coy smile on her face. "Race ya!" she shouted, as Nella giggled, & jumped out of the water, fully clothed. She touched her sister's forearm as she pulled herself out, turning her skin an even paler white as she went past. Thia shivered. "Cold?" Asked Nella, playfully. "Cold," agreed Thia, chattering her teeth.



"Three, Two, One!" Thia cried into the air, and they both ran to the water's edge, but only Nella jumped in, as she was already wet. However, she was gripping Thia's had like a vice, and Thia easily slipped, and fell in with her. Equally cold shivers ran through Thia's body as they had to Nella's, and their heads broke the surface of the water, laughing hysterically. "Y-you," Thia whimpered out, "a-are de-ead!"



Nella smiled, for she knew at this point that they would spend the rest of the afternoon like this, smiling, laughing, getting extremely cold until it grew dark. Infinite, the world that they lived in had abundant flora & fauna, which kept the sun out for the majority of the day. When the sun did peek through at them, they knew it was time to halt their play, and head home. They would do this every day when they were younger, up until the very day that Thia turned seventeen, Nella being sixteen.



Nella knew that this daydream would make her feel worse about what happened the day her sister turned seventeen, although there was no way she could have stopped it. Nella knew that wherever she was, she would always feel the same about the accident. For every time that she had this daydream, this wish, she would regret her sister's death even more.
© Copyright 2010 Kaylimac (macca21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664743-Infinite