*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664800-Peaceful-death
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1664800
This is my first ever piece of work and could use some feedback on if its an good.
Through the sweat and grime he can see her image appear, an apparition in the rising dirt. He knew she wasn't real but he was glad to see her face for the last time. It was all he needed to continue fighting the fight for his life. He defected blow after blow as he made his way to her.  Reaching out, his hand ran right through hers. There was a feeling he felt like her silken skin touching his very soul trying to save him from the impending death that surrounded him and his men.

Death was something they had prayed for a many nights but never thought would come. The war was far from over, but the battles they fought were short lived for once one ends another is not far behind. Wounds were bandaged only to come undone again and men were bathed in blood other than their own.

As if she was whispering to him, he lowered his sword and glanced all around him. The enemy was retreating which showed signs of the battle coming to an end, at least for now. He started to bark orders to his men to find the wounded and tend to them. He took his own tunic off and glared at the gash across his chest. Deep within they all knew death was coming but when they didn't know.

Hours seemed to pass and the sky became a dusty haze of blue and purple. There came a rustle from the far field where the woods touched the valley. The men quickly jumped readying there weapons. He stood in front ready to alert and command his men into battle if that was thier fate. Just then men poured out the woods with drawn weapons, charging at the readied men. This was the moment they had prayed for the last battle they will fight. He unsheathed his sword and gave the command to charge. It was then that he saw her again, the women he loved and left to fight this never ending war. God help him she was to bring him peace among all the blood shed and men falling around him. Her auburn hair swayed with the breeze as her green crystal eyes pierced his very soul. She reached for him and he slowly made his way towards her aware of the blows aimed for him.

He made his way across the valley to her. He needed to touch her, to feel her, to become one with her once more before perishing on the battle field. He can see his men falling all around him and he knew they needed him but he could tear himself from the path he set for himself. He finally made it to her, reaching for her when he felt the piercing pain in his abdomen. He stared at her as the man he had been after battle after battle slowly walked through her, trusting his sword further into his body. He fell to the ground praying that god would send her to him one last time before he died.

He laid there not knowing for how long, waiting, anticipating her arrival. There was silence, no movement, for him men were died, joining thier loved ones in the afterlife. He felt no pain, no shame in dying, only sadness for he left her alone. She will live her life with out him, to marry again and die old. It was then that he say a movement to his right and something cold touch his face. It was her. She knelt next to him and stared into his deep blue eyes. She didn't seem real though the tears that fell from her eyes fell on the face.

It was then it came to him. He felt it inside his soul as he starred into her eyes. She planned to meet him. He closed his eyes as the abysmal darkness took over.

He stood at the edge of the bridge that led him home. She started to run when at last she was in him arms. They held each other knowing that peace finally had found them.
© Copyright 2010 Dark Lady (ashn86 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664800-Peaceful-death