*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664837-Writer-Blog
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1664837
What I want
The hour was early when we woke. There was breakfast that we ate. We had toasted bagels and they were good with the cream cheese. The cars were all loaded up and ready for the hour journey. The anticipation was great. We were ready and felt like we were on top of the world. When we would arrive at our destination we would feel even higher. The journey was uneventful. We got on the highway that would lead to our destination. The highway wasn’t crowded and it was pretty much smooth. The car was a SUV and it handled the road very well. The tires were moving and the road was felt through the whole car. It was a great feeling. The hour was moving and the journey was full of talking and sharing stories. There was the sharing of how we were going to spend the day. There was a lot to anticipate and look forward to. We finished our breakfast in the car with the drinking of Gatorade and the eating of the bagels. The car was nice and toasty. There was a comfort that was felt in the car. I was in the back seat. There were a total of four of us. There was that feeling of doing something that was worthwhile. The journey was a tradition that we had. It was a routine on the weekend. There were many weekends behind us where we did the same thing. This was a trip that allowed us to clear our heads and relax. The physical exertion that we would put forth was a welcoming and great feeling. There were a lot of decisions to make. It was the same how we were going to spend our time. There was the destination that was waiting for us. The destination was Winter Park, Colorado. Winter Park was a great ski area and there was also snowboarding. There were a few people that went up to Winter Park. When I say a few that isn’t true. There were a lot more than a few. There were people that had the same routine to go to Winter Park on the weekend. There were the foothills of the Rockies that went by and then the rise in elevation. There were twists and turns in the road. The twists and turns were dangerous and I loved that fact. It was a rush to go up the mountain and to finally reach Winter Park. There was a lot of skiing to be done. I was a skier and I had never tried snowboarding. I had my own skis and ski boots. Like I said, it was a routine to go to Winter Park. There were others like us that thoroughly enjoyed going to the ski resort. We were the “weekend warriors”. Weekend warriors were the individuals that went to the ski resorts on the weekends and tried to hot dog it down the mountain. There were quite a few weekend warriors and we weren’t the only ones. There was anticipation as the resort was reached and we were ready. I wasn’t good enough for the moguls and it was slow going on ski runs with the bumps. I skied down the large bumps with care and a non-graceful way. I wasn’t as good as the others that I went to Winter Park with. I was getting better on the regular runs but I could never get the moguls down. I was a good skier. I was just about as good as a lot of people on the mountain. The car sat in the parking lot and we rode the chairlifts and the runs were great. I was wishing that there was a big snow. I always hoped for a big snow before the day when the journey up the foothills into the mountains arrived. I am glad and not upset that there wasn’t a big snow. It is always good just to get out there and ski. There was a lot of activity on the mountain every time that we went to Winter Park. Winter Park is a big resort with a big choice of runs to go down. There is always the great feeling of exhaustion as the day approaches the end and the time arrives to go back to our home in Denver. There was a lot to remember about those days when the journeys to the mountains were lived. It is truly great to live and to travel to Winter Park. There was the feeling of great accomplishment even though it was recreation. I think that I should try to go skiing some time again. I will always remember the journeys to Winter Park.
© Copyright 2010 Cmarglous456 (cmarglous4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664837-Writer-Blog