*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664957-a-brief-history-of-pink-floyd
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Music · #1664957
this is another what i like to call a brief rock n roll history lesson about pink Floyd
The 1960s was known for many things like hippies Woodstock
the Vietnam war and also psychedelic rock n roll with such musicians as Jimi Henidix the grateful dead Janis Joplin to name a few but the one that will be most remembered is pink Floyd hailing from london England the band was formed and founded by Roger waters and Syd Barrett they also included drummer nick mason and keyboard player Richard Wright. The first album they put out together was piper and the gates of dawn. Later on down the road Syd Barrett lost his sanity due to a drug addiction which forced him to leave the band he then lived a life of isolation from the world until his death on Friday July 7th 2006. He was then replaced by David Gilmour some known albums by pink Floyd include dark side of the moon that became a favorite among hippies because they would smoke cannabis and listen to it another is the wall that is a rock opera that tells the story of the character pink who saw is life as one big lie. Then there is wish you where here that is believed to be a tribute to former band member Syd Barrett as well as the songs shine on your crazy diamond that has nine parts to it the sad part being that they don't tour or make albums anymore pink Floyd will always be remembered for there fusion of psychedelic and progressive rock which will make them one of the most unique bands of all time.
© Copyright 2010 doug finley (spock22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664957-a-brief-history-of-pink-floyd