*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664982-The-light-after-Darkness-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #1664982
"There will always be light after darkness" Is this true or is it not?
         The wind blew, but the house was still and quiet. A light flickered as a pair of stern looking eyes stared at the tattered report book that lay on the study desk. The window panes rattled but there was still no reaction from those two eyes, they just stared. Even so, the mind of Mr. Tan was full of thoughts. Finally, his eyes darted from side to side, he gently got up from his comfortable position and walked out of the room.

         Another pair of curious eyes looked into the study room through the small window at the corner of it. The whites of this pair of eyes were rather red. He climbed down from the tree and disappeared into the darkness of the night.

         Mr. Tan slouched on the sofa and sighed. The minute hand has already swiveled around the clock two times but not a trace of John. As red as a beetroot, his whole body radiated so much heat that he could boil an egg on his head. Burning inside, he paced frantically around the house as an image of John was stamped prominently in his mind. Anger, worry and guilt were the only three things in his mind.

         Out of nowhere, those two eyes appeared again, this time they were filled with hatred and sorrow. Sitting on the beach, his fists clenched, he thought his father. The worn out body of his, the heavy eye bags…… The thought of going home never crossed his mind. The chilly wind blew directly towards his head that was about to erupt. Instead of cooling him down, he became angrier and angrier. Grasping sand between his hands, the beach was filled with screams and cries of agony.

         Sitted on the comfortable office chair, Mr. Tan’s head was buried in his hands. Anger had left but worry and guilt did not stop pestering him. The office hours had just ended and he was one of the only few who were still in the office. His bottled up feelings were trying to escape but he held back. Grabbing his car keys, he left the office without a word.
© Copyright 2010 Joel Yeap (yeapyej at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664982-The-light-after-Darkness-Chapter-1