*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665314-Peek-Through
by Jo S.
Rated: E · Prose · Self Help · #1665314
Pull back from your dream at the last second....
It’s funny how life takes you places you never imagined possible. You’re up one morning, ten years ago, thinking you’re on the right track. Now, you realize you’ve gone way off that route than you can remember. That being said, how do you expect yourself to ever make the right decisions? If every goal, even a trivial one, were reached, its value would be diminished and it shouldn’t be labeled as a “goal” anymore.

Maybe there’s a reason behind the fact that not all dreams come true. We dream, but we live at the same time. We cannot compare the two in any way. They are two worlds, each with its own dynamics, rules and measures. When a dream becomes reality, it is no longer called a dream. It becomes a mere action of life. The attributes it once had become dull and full of earthly muddle. That is precisely why many of those who have lived their dreams suffer from sullen heartache; they’ve got no connection with that other magical world anymore.

Do dream, but pull back at the last second before your one desire loses its shimmer. You would be engulfed in a mist of sadness, but that sweet rush of peeking through into dreamland will forever remain.
© Copyright 2010 Jo S. (jo_gorgeous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665314-Peek-Through