*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665431-We-Must-Not-Die
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1665431
Pain, that's all he's ever known. An island in an desolate ocean is where he is prisoner.
Beginnings
Imagine a life where all you ever know is pain and suffering. Where you can only escape is by death. But death never comes.

Trapped on an island were you are a lowlife only to be used as a research and experiment.

You are told you are free to go, but there's a catch. If you are caught, you shall return to the metal table you know as only pure pain, to be experimented on continually.

Darkness hides on this beautiful tropic island in a deep blue ocean. This evil resides in the mountains of the island. You know loneliness by heart.

No one to talk or to hold, great challenges are that brought pain, yet a feeling of happiness comes to you when you realize you were not alone.

The secrets that are held within the island are reveled and you discover you must escape or suffer a horrible death.

This is the story of Vance, person who had a dream to join the Air Force. After accomplishing his dream, it turns into a nightmare. He is shot down and lands on an abandoned island.
This is it were it begins.

Life
"Vance, welcome to the Air Force" said the commander to Vance.
"Thank you, sir! It's been my dream!" replied Vance.
Vance looked at the amazing aircraft carrier in awe.

The commander then waved good bye and left Vance to explore the massive carrier on his own.

Vance had dreamed of thus day for 5 years. He was 20 years old and new in the Air Force.

Months went by.

He soon was assigned to his squadron and aircraft. He had been promoted to commander of his squadron after many dogfights victories.

A new assignment had arrived that morning as he stood on the runway looking at the horizon in the blue sparkling ocean.
"Vance report to flight control" boomed the speaker throughout the carrier Nautiluss.
Vance ran to the flight control and was met by his close friends. "Were do you think we are headed today?" asked Tommy, a friend of Vance.

”Dunno" said Vance. Six others entered the room and it began. "We have received Intel that stolen plans for a Z.E.R.O bomb schematics are being smuggled thru the area nearby, we must destroy the jet they are being carried on. We must not fail or the bomb could be built and the whole world could suffer" said the Commander to all the pilots that were getting mentally ready for the assault.

"Gentle men, beware. Some of you will not make it back. This target shall be heavily guarded." he said to the pilots.

He then saluted to his pilots and them to him. He then left without another word. "Alright ladies! Let's lock and load! We have a mission to secure!" said Vance to his team.

The team then exited the room as the launch sirens blared thru the Nautiluss. They sprinted to the launch bay to be briefed in their craft.

As they reached the launch bay, Vance looked at all his companions and said goodbye. He ran to his craft and jumped on the wing.

"This is a Code 3 Red!" said Vance to his team as they all strapped down. The bays overhead doors then began to open slowly as they let in the morning light as the platform rose.

The aircraft runway was clear and ready. The team was in the air within a few minutes and headed towards their target. "Vance! Look out it's an ambush!!" yelled the right wing pilot as he saw an incoming missile.

"Everybody split! You all know what you must do! It's been an honor serving with you all" he said as he rose above the team and launched a wave of missiles to the incoming enemy pilots.

He barrel rolled to avoid being hit many times as he shot down jet after jet. As the battle continued, 3 of the 9 pilots in Vance's command ha died.

The other team still continued to attack as their numbers steadily fell. The jet that carried the schematics was found in all the frenzy of the match and was ordered to flee to its rendezvous.

The plane split from the group and headed north at full throttle. "Guys clean up here and meet me home" said Vance as he left the cloud of planes.

He fired his machine gun and did small damage to the plane and continued to flee. Vance then tried to get a lock with his missiles. He had only 3 left. He continually tried and tried but the lock would not stay in place long enough to fire.

He then dropped back and shot one that had locked target. The jet then released flares, and avoided the shot.

He tried again and it failed once more. Vance used 2 of his missiles and then decided to risk it all by closing in on the jet.

Vance fired the machine gun and damaged the jets rudder. The rudder then streaked the blue sky white and gray.

Vance continues his assault on the jet until it flamed. The heat was enough to get a solid lock on the jet and Vance fired the last of the missiles and as his shot closed in on the jet, he was shot by a missile that was from a enemy jet that had followed him since he started his chase.

"What the hell?" the thought as he dropped altitude along with the other jet. The jet rolled from left to right. Thru the twist he saw a small island in the ocean and headed for it.

As he neared the island, the other jet exploded in flames as it hurled to the ocean. The jet that shot him fired once more. It hit him hard in the back.

The hit caused Vance to hit his head in the dashboard of the jet, knocking him unconscious.

The Island

Author-> hello eveyone! It's me Rick, I will try to update this story every 2 days or so. Sometimes each day. I'm still planing on other characters. I can't decide whether to make it a crossover between starfox and a character from digimon, renamon. Krystal from starfox and renamon from digimon. OR use human characters. I will work it out. If you have any suggestions or question, comments, anything of the sort, email me. Thank you and this has been your host Rick.
Alright this is the updated version. Smaller passages. Enjoy.XD
© Copyright 2010 TheChosenOne (thefewchosen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665431-We-Must-Not-Die