*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665765-Toothless
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1665765
This story is about the adventures of a boy & his pet, a baby dinosaur, named "Toothless".
This is a story about a young boy named Sam, who had a cute little pet, a baby dinosaur, named 'Toothless'. This baby dinosaur was named so as he had no teeth when the boy first saw him. Let me tell you the whole story. Its really interesting.



One fine summer day, Sam was roaming around the forest near his home, when he wandered far off. He walked and walked and he came across a place surrounded by figs and small shrubs. From behind the shrubbery, he could see something that resembled a big ball...he instantly became so curious that he went behind the shrubbery to find that it was no ordinary ball but resembled an egg. But, by the time he could analyze and figure out what it was, he heard a small cracking sound...it was the egg! The egg started to crack and seeing this, Sam got scared and moved little away but what he sees in front of him is so cute that he is not able to resist his desire to go nearer again. He sees a cute little baby dinosaur...he goes closer to take a better look and wow, this is a real cute little dinosaur without any teeth and with fine little humps on his back. He has lovely dark brown spots over his body which is milky white in colour. The cheeks, nose tip and lips of the dinosaur are nice pink in colour. He looked around but could see no other dinosaur nearby which could be his mother. He loved the very look of the baby dinosaur so much that he decided to take him home and make him his pet. He sees the cute toothless face of the dinosaur when he picks him up and he names him 'Toothless'.



They are having a rocking time together when there comes one of Sam's neighbour to their house. This neighbour is a fat, dark man with a scary face. He has long hair that look like he never bothered to wash them. His name is Mr.Grossel. Sam somehow never liked Mr. Grossel but now that he had come home as a guest, Sam went with his pet to greet him and asked him if he was looking for someone. Mr. Grossel glanced an evil eye on 'Toothless' and answered Sam. He told he had come to meet Sam's dad but since he was out of town on a business trip, Same told him so. Mr. Grossel went back hearing this but, at the back of his mind, he was thinking about the dinosaur. He was thinking how much money the dinosaur would fetch him..he knew that dinosaurs were extinct according to the world and having found one, if he sold him to some researchers, the dinosaur would fetch him millions. He was thinking this all the while, when he hatched an evil plan to kidnap the dinosaur. He went one day to Sam when no one else was there at home and asked him to buy some medicines for him as he was 'very unwell'. Sam decided to help him as Mr. Grossel was very old and had no one at home to help him. So, Sam asked Mr. Grossel to look after 'Toothless' while he went to buy the medicines. This was the opportunity that Mr. Grossel was looking for and he escaped with the dinosaur. When Sam returned, he understood what had gone wrong. He went in search of the dinosaur and he first decided to check at Mr.Grossel's place. He was lucky to find the door open and he went in to check around the place. He found a notepad on the table that said 'DinoMania, NYC'. He understood that Mr. Grossel must have taken 'Toothless' to this place and was upto something evil with his dear pet. He locked his home and took a cab to 'DinoMania'. He saw lot of security at the gate and so, he decided to take the backdoor to the place. He quietly sneaked behind the trees and found an opportunity to jump inside the building from one of the open windows at the backside of the building. He climbed the tree carefully and jumped inside and slowly and cautiously found his way to the basement, from where sounds of several animals came. He guessed that it must be the place where all animals must be kept and 'Toothless' must also be there. He went in and just in time to overhear one of the researchers speak about their plan to conduct a research on all animals esp. the dinosaur and see the cause of their extinct and develop some wonder medicine to stay alive for centuries. He got scared for his 'Toothless'. He went in and hid himself behind a staircase. He also heard them say that they have to do it without giving any hint to neighbours as they did not have any permission for the research on animals. Sam heard all this and waited for an opportunity to save these animals. Soon, he got one too. The men inside the room decided to do the test first thing in the morning and till then, they locked all doors and went out to sleep for the night. Meanwhile, Sam, who had his mobile with him, decided to call the police and inform them about this place. He dialed the police helpline number he had seen once in the newspapers and told them the whole story and asked them to come as soon as they could. He then waited. Soon the police came and rescued all animals. They gave Sam his 'Toothless' back and praised him highly for his brave act. The media also wrote and spoke very highly of Sam and his rare pet 'Toothless', a dinosaur. They became the talk of the town. And, they lived happily together ever after.



Word Count: 979.





© Copyright 2010 swetha iyengar srivathshan (swetha_iyengar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665765-Toothless