*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665822-Victoria-Queen-of-the-Faye-Chapter-One
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1665822
When Victoria was young her Faye visited her, now at 16, they are back. What do they want?
Have you ever felt that someone was watching you? That prickily little feeling on the nape of your neck? Or felt a cold rush of air breeze past you inside a hot class room? Sometimes things like these are easy to explain. But for me, Victoria Johnson, they are never easily explained. Some of my first memories are of unexplainable things. I remember being a child of two, playing with orbs of different colored lights. Pink's, and purple's and blues, fascinating little things. They danced around my head and flew through the air, making pretty pictures for me to look at.

When I was younger, I would talk to little winged creatures, they told me they where People of the Faye. Wonderfull little creatures that hid inside of flowers and dancing in the moonlight over my bed. They taught me about herbs, flowers, gem stones, and all the wonderous things of their Folklore. They told me about their Queen Aledia, with her beautiful form and face. the grace of her walk, the way she held the kingdom in the palm of her hands. I often dreamt of her. Her light eyes, and red hair. Gimble, one of my favorite Faye, would flower me with gift's and kiss my cheeks and tell me just how special of a girl that I was.

Gimble told me that very few little girls had so strong a Sight as I had. Back then I had no idea what 'The Sight' was, only that I must be very special if all my little friends wanted me to know so many things. I began to tell my parents of the tales that my Faye People told me. I told my mother of their wars and my father of their legends and prophecies. They thought I would grow out of it, but began to worry at age 12.

By then, I would follow my Faye friends and get into all kinds of mischief, coming home with scratched and bruises, claiming that the Faye's had been rough that afternoon. Mother began to worry then, she told me to stop my nonsence and 'grow up.' It wasn't long after that my mother and father divorced and I went to live with my dad. Dad believed that I would grow out of my 'phase' but everything time I would begin to talk about Gimble and Garo, or of Naria and Falia, he would grow distant, and after a while I stopped talking about them, and they eventually stopped coming to see me.

Gimble was the only to come, that last night. I was laying by my window on the floor, looking out at the moon. I hadn't seen Gimble, Garo, Naria or Falia in so long and I was wishing so hard that they would come. It was near middle night, when Gimble flew into my window. He was as beautiful as ever, his golden butterfly wings glidied and he landed on my window seal.
(see next chapter.)
© Copyright 2010 Lilithe Silvermead (itsinthestars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665822-Victoria-Queen-of-the-Faye-Chapter-One